GOOD: Shooting Ruled Self-Defense Pittsfield TWP, MI

This is a discussion on GOOD: Shooting Ruled Self-Defense Pittsfield TWP, MI within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pittsfield Township police say evidence points to self-defense; man who was shot was armed - AnnArbor.com Investigators say they’ve uncovered evidence that a Pittsfield Township ...

Thread: GOOD: Shooting Ruled Self-Defense Pittsfield TWP, MI

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Shooting Ruled Self-Defense Pittsfield TWP, MI

Pittsfield Township police say evidence points to self-defense; man who was shot was armed - AnnArbor.com

Investigators say they’ve uncovered evidence that a Pittsfield Township homeowner was acting in self-defense when he fatally shot another man outside his home Wednesday morning.

Both men were armed when they got into a dispute, police revealed this afternoon.The shooting took place early Wednesday on Rockport Court in the Arbor Creek subdivision.

The accused shooter, Adham Mofiid Abu Farha, 34, was released from the Washtenaw County Jail this afternoon as police continue to investigate the shooting outside Farha’s home in the Arbor Creek subdivision.

Police say Michael Robert Rajchel, 28, of Van Buren Township, came to Farha’s home at 2361 Rockport Court, on the township’s northwest side, before 8:30 a.m. He was carrying a loaded semi-automatic handgun, Pittsfield Public Safety Director Matt Harshberger said.

The two men got into Farha’s SUV, and numerous shots were fired. About 20 elementary students were waiting at a school bus stop across the street.

Harshberger declined to say what led to the shooting. He said police are still interviewing witnesses and may release additional details early next week.

Farha, who had a concealed weapons permit, fired multiple shots, Harshberger said.

Farha could not be reached by AnnArbor.com today.

It does not appear Rajchel fired his gun, Harshberger said. He declined to reveal whether Rajchel had a concealed weapons permit.

Farha was arrested just outside his home when officers got there. He was held in the Washtenaw County Jail until this afternoon.

Washtenaw County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Joseph Burke said the prosecutor's office has asked detectives to continue investigating before a decision is made on any possible criminal charges.

Burke declined to discuss the reason for today's decision or any other aspects of the investigation. According to a police press release, the prosecutor’s office is waiting for autopsy and toxicology results before making a decision.
    So the victim was the only one doing the shooting it seems? Good for him, someone points a gun at me or mine and I will let fly.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm betting what happened here is this;
    In the original article I Read, the guy that was the shooter, owned a collision/auto sales facillity, I'm guessing the guy that was shot may have bought a car from the shooter , and was perhaps upset at his purchase, and found out where the seller lived, and was there making threats
    JMHO

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links