I tip my hat to the guy - Page 2

I tip my hat to the guy

This is a discussion on I tip my hat to the guy within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by JoJoGunn And for all you folks out there......this is your last chance to send $1 to my address!! Heard this story years ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I tip my hat to the guy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    And for all you folks out there......this is your last chance to send $1 to my address!!

Heard this story years ago, supposedly in Los Angeles. Guy as a joke put ad in the paper requesting that it would be people's last chance to send a dollar to the address. He didn't promise anything in return. The story says he got over $50,000 before the IRS found out and he had to pay income taxes. Don't know how true it is, but a radio disc jockey did the same thing. Told listeners to send a dollar to the station. He got over $3,000 and the station manager had to pull the plug on it. They donated the money to a childrens charity.

A guy here in Detroit back in the 60's had a kids tv show ( Soupy Sales )
    Of the pie in the face fame, told all the kids watching one morning to send in a dollar or two to him (as a gag ) And hundreds of kids did.
    The station was P O 'ed, but they understood because thats the kind of thing he did . funny stuff!!

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Doesn't this belong in the Off Topic section?

With all due respect to the posters, this story, while amusing, has nothing to do with concealed carry or firearms in general. Can it be moved to the Off Topic area?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

He did well for a Britt, but we have congressmen who can steal 7 million before breakfast and never break a sweat.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    A guy here in Detroit back in the 60's had a kids tv show ( Soupy Sales )
    Of the pie in the face fame, told all the kids watching one morning to send in a dollar or two to him (as a gag ) And hundreds of kids did.
    The station was P O 'ed, but they understood because thats the kind of thing he did . funny stuff!!

I had forgotten about that. Ol' Soupy was from my hometown of Huntington, WV. He died recently. He was a great guy too.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links