Did anyone just watch Fox News

This is a discussion on Did anyone just watch Fox News within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I caught the end of it, but they were talking I think about registering gun permit holders in Indiana, or something like that. They listed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone just watch Fox News

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

I caught the end of it, but they were talking I think about registering gun permit holders in Indiana, or something like that. They listed the names of permit holders in a public newspaper. The anti related it to registering sex offenders Big difference... we're not felons.

Then he said that it's simply was too easy for felons in "Shall Issue" states to get a permit to carry That there was 6 whole murders by concealed carry permit holders this year or some such nonsense. I was yelling at the t.v at this point... "Do you know how much red-tape I had to go through to obtain my Florida and Maine permits"!!! Some idiots are gonna slip through the cracks, nothing is full-proof. Did anyone think a Army Major would go shoot up an army base?! To me an Army Major would be the ideal candidate for a CCL and a handgun purchase...

So ya, just wondering if anyone caught that.

If ignorance is truly bliss, there are some mighty happy people out there, doncha think?

The county in which I live does not automatically release the names of applicants and permit holders to the news media. The county to our north does. In Ohio, you can apply in your home county or any county adjacent. Guess where a lot of the applicants in my home county come from.

Talk about a pandemic. Stupidity ranks right up there!
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Man that's real annoying. Thankfully South Carolina has a law which protects the identities of CWP holders.

correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone compared me (us legal gun owners) to a convicted sex offender, wouldn't that be slander?

If my name were published in public forum(newspaper or such) and then someone said "register that person like a sex offender" would that not imply I am a criminal?
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    If ignorance is truly bliss, there are some mighty happy people out there, doncha think?

The county in which I live does not automatically release the names of applicants and permit holders to the news media. The county to our north does. In Ohio, you can apply in your home county or any county adjacent. Guess where a lot of the applicants in my home county come from.

Talk about a pandemic. Stupidity ranks right up there!

Please tell me its Delaware.

One of our(my wife and I) biggest concerns was this type of nonsense. We have reason to stay anonymous. Apparently, victems of crimes seems to be on the same level as offenders.

They tried that same stuff here in WV, but the domestic violence people were behind it with the liberal antis??? It got squashed pretty quick, because lots of politicians have their CCP.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Man that's real annoying. Thankfully South Carolina has a law which protects the identities of CWP holders.
    I think Va. has the same law now. Our local rag used to publish names of permit holders.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    I don't believe that would ever go over here in Arizona, since practically every man, woman and child has a permit. No, in reality I simply don't get it and I don't see any useful purpose of such a list. Might as well publish a list of people prescribed with pain medication.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I don't believe that would ever go over here in Arizona, since practically every man, woman and child has a permit. No, in reality I simply don't get it and I don't see any useful purpose of such a list. Might as well publish a list of people prescribed with pain medication.
    Actually, nearly every man, woman and child has a gun, but carry permits are not that numerous, given the size of the state. Per the DPS web site, there are just under 146,000 active CCWs in AZ for a population of 6.5 million. My former state, little liberal Connecticut, has over 100,000 CCWs for about half that population, just 3.5 million.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    We're fighting the same nonsense here in TN. It's technically public record, and the anti gun rag in Nashville has printed the list before.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

ntg
    This would tell the BG to not mess with you...right?

Seriously, the BG are too busy doing bad things to read the paper (for those few literate ones) or watch the news.

HoosierAccess Blog Archive Indiana CCW Permit Holders Published in Herald-Times Database

This is what I found when I googled it.

Which means my name is on the list, also I found an article that suggested someplace in TN did the same but didn't read it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Same here in Florida… I think there is over $700,000 of us now.
    That would be a big news paper to hold all

i think some enterprising individual in Indiana should conatct the NRA-ILA, and start compling a list of all the local journalists, reporters, and news anchors, and release thier personal information to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i think some enterprising individual in Indiana should conatct the NRA-ILA, and start compling a list of all the local journalists, reporters, and news anchors, and release thier personal information to the public.
    +1. At least all the 'journalists' employed by the Bloomington Herald-Times. And certainly the main players at the rag, such as editorial staff, publisher, any senior executives.

Public info here. If any Indiana members are interested.....http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/pages/contacts/
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links