Bad: House robbed twice in one night; STL

This is a discussion on Bad: House robbed twice in one night; STL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I work with one of the people that occupied (occupied!) this house, and heard about it from them today. What a terrible, terrible thing they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad: House robbed twice in one night; STL

Bad: House robbed twice in one night; STL

I work with one of the people that occupied (occupied!) this house, and heard about it from them today. What a terrible, terrible thing they had to go through. Makes me glad I don't live TOO close to Downtown St. Louis. Also really made me think how grateful I am that I have the means to defend myself should this happen to me. I wish they could have said the same thing though...maybe the thugs wouldn't have came back for more a second time.

Same House Broken Into Twice Overnight - KTVI

"SOUTH ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - There have been a pair of home invasions in south St. Louis overnight. But the particular pair of crimes have a common denominator, the same house was the target of both invasions. The first break break in happened around 1:00am Tuesday morning in the 2200 block of Osage Street at South Broadway. The homeowner called police saying that five black men, all dressed in black, kicked in the front door of his home. The men then went to a rear bedroom and fired several rounds, hitting the homeowner's son in the arm. He was taken to the hospital but is expected to be okay. The men ran out the front door.

About four hours later, neighbors called police saying they saw someone loading items into a van outside of the home. According to witnesses, it appears the robbers broke in through the back door. There was one person home at the time and that person was held at gunpoint. the suspects got away with two flat screen televisions.

If you have any information, contact St. Louis City Police. "

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    They would have met the AR10 with Hornady TAP rounds.

You take my 42" you might as well take my 7.62mm on your way out of my house. And worry about compensation for dropping my television on your way out the back door. You wont be able to pay me back.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

This guy needs a gun AND a dog. Twice in one night? He's a slow learner, but I bet he converts to a pro-gunner rather quickly now.

If you work with this fellow, why not suggest that he find out about the 2A? Explain the purpose of the RKBA.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Does Mo. have (passed?) a 'castle law'?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I would be asking questions,how old is the son and what activitys are he involved in.sounds like they were after dope or money the kid may have had,and noticed the items as they left but came back with transportation
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Gun, Dog, alarm.

~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Administrator
    Sounds like a group split from the original robbery crew, and went back for a few more items spotted on the first trip.

Unless they change some stuff, it will happen to them again. They have been marked as a easy target.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Home invasion, twice in one night?

What is going on there, or who lives there, which would put a house on someone's, or several someones', radar screen?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Does Mo. have (passed?) a 'castle law'?
    Yes. No duty to retreat in your dwelling, residence, or vehicle. Use of deadly force in this situation is justified in the law and such fact shall be an absolute defense to criminal prosecution or civil liability.

Doesn't apply to premises such as real property or buildings. I think that means you can't go outside, use deadly force, and enjoy the same protections.

They say that when you have a home robbery the BG come back later. They come for the stuff that was missed the first time. This situation is crazy, crazy like in comedy crazy. At least the other person was not shot or killed.
    St Louis is Crazy!!!!

Sounds like more to this story

Wow. I can't help but to wonder if the BGs didn't have the mindset. No one will be home. They will all be at the hospital with the kid we shot a couple of hours ago.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Wow. I can't help but to wonder if the BGs didn't have the mindset. No one will be home. They will all be at the hospital with the kid we shot a couple of hours ago.
    That was my first thought as well. The whole situation is fubar.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This guy needs a gun AND a dog. Twice in one night? He's a slow learner ...
    Hey, c'mon. It's not like the guy's gonna find a decent rottweiler and Glock 19 at 2am, no matter how motivated he might be.

Good lesson for all: perimeter improvement; dog; alarm; more-secure sleeping area; firearms.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Sounds like more to this story
    That's what I'm thinking.
    Have Gun Will Travel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links