Ugly: NJ Cash for Guns

This is a discussion on Ugly: NJ Cash for Guns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here we go again.. New Jersey is a safer place for criminals! N.J. Gun Buyback Program Returns With Cash Infusion | News Videos | Comcast.net...

Here we go again.. New Jersey is a safer place for criminals!

N.J. Gun Buyback Program Returns With Cash Infusion | News Videos | Comcast.net
    Culture cannot be inherited. The culture of previous ages will vanish unless each new generation wins it for itself again and again. Only that for which we have worked, or even suffered, truly belongs to us. - Zoltan Kodaly

I think Dow is a Dufus...what a joke.
    NJ is now a safer place? Yeah right!

It's a shame that some of those 'relics' are just melted down? I'll bet NOT!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I could'nt get the vid to play, but suffice it to say, Dtroit does this, as well as other cities, The only thing they do is attract people into giving up a gun and get videoed for file reference, incase they run ballistics, or you are a known criminal, you might get roped in for questioning

Anyone for a new pair of sneakers?????? what a joke

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I got a junk gun I don't feel is safe to fire,anybody need some cash
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This is a pure waste of money and time. Criminials will not surrender guns, no matter if cash is involved.

Most of what I saw were older and some potentially useless and maybe non-functional ones.

How is NJ any safer?
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; December 18th, 2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: word correction
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Its just sad how people will go to these things bringing nice guns they where left when gramps died. Does nobody know that bringing said item to a gunstore would likely fetch more then the ben franklin they would give you?

In a no questions asked collection the guns without serial numbers should be the one's they get off the streets. If it has a serial number and is in good condition there should be someone there to point them to a gunstore. Yet I know that the name of the game they are pulling is to disarm the ignorant population.

Education is priceless sometimes. I wish there was a resource that would attract the sheep to a gunstore or show instead of the stupid cash for guns programs.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I wonder if gunshops could do gun buy backs? Recondition and resell the good ones and properly disable or dispose of the junk? I'd like to see the police involved to run serial numbers and names (yeah I know there aren't any criminals there anyway, but I hate to see evidence turned in and destroyed)

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Did they really attempt to fire a revolver they received before checking to see if it was clear? Who knows what sort of condition that revolver was in or what was in it...

My grandpa's guns are right here with me and that's were they are staying until its time to pass them on to my kids.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I just hope Houston's new mayor gets something like that going! $200 for a handgun! I have a some .32 junkers that I would be happy to convert into another Sig!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I just hope Houston's new mayor gets something like that going! $200 for a handgun! I have a some .32 junkers that I would be happy to convert into another Sig!
    or get a few dozen nagant revolvers and early .22 H&R...
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

They do these programs all over the country...... I attended one in Syracuse, NY recently and one in Morristown, NJ several years ago. Most of the people turning in the guns are younger kids who cannot legally sell or own a gun. And women who were turning in guns on their man without his knowledge.

In most cases, these were inner city people. I didn't see too many people who were turning in Grampa's old war 1911 or anything like that. Most of the guns were crap.... Old broken down revolvers, and no-name automatics that I wouldn't fire if you paid me.....

There were a few nice handguns turned in. In one case someone turned in a pretty nice G19 Glock. I was thinking this must have been a gun that no one would buy because it was real nice and they got a $100 American Express gift card for it....

I actually have no problem with these programs since its been my experience that most of the guns turned in were the type likely to be tossed away and picked up by a young kid. I'm not saying they stop crime, but they probably stop a few accidents.

Ill bet I can take a tree limb and injure someone with it. All I saw were law abiding citizens turning in guns. Where were all the criminals that WILL be committing crimes---more safely (for the criminal) I might say.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

Links