Neighbor Does it RIGHT in Miami!

Neighbor Does it RIGHT in Miami!

This is a discussion on Neighbor Does it RIGHT in Miami! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ExSoldier's note: I used to live in Kendall and I've had jobs there. It is a very nice and upscale area. Lots of This means ...

Exclamation Neighbor Does it RIGHT in Miami!

ExSoldier's note: I used to live in Kendall and I've had jobs there. It is a very nice and upscale area. Lots of This means lots of wolves. Not very many sheepdogs. By God's grace a sheepdog lived next to this victim. I'll bet the one the cops caught later was wounded and the anti-gun Herald didn't want to admit the victory....

One suspect dead in Kendall home invasion
    By JASMINE KRIPALANI

A neighbor shot and killed a home invasion suspect who had forced his way into a Kendall home late Wednesday, according to Miami-Dade police.

This morning police were still looking for one of the three men who had forced their way into a couple's home at 15980 SW 76th Street at about 10:45 p.m.

A woman and her boyfriend were home when the burglars knocked on the door. As the man opened the door, three men forced their way in, Miami-Dade police said in a report.

The man's girlfriend watched in horror as one of the men held a gun to her boyfriend's head, police said.

The woman fled calling police on her cellphone and running to a neighbor for help.

Her neighbor armed himself with a handgun, walked into the couple's house and -- after an exchange of gunfire -- shot and killed one suspect.

The two other suspects fled, but police were able to apprehend one. The other is still at large.

Police did not identify the victims or the neighbor who shot the suspect.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Maybe the boyfriend will see the sense in being armed and alert himself in future.

Good indeed he had an obliging neighbor who would put himself in jepardy - and thankfully too, successfully.

I'd wager that invasion deals would cease if BG's knew that any house they tried would oblige them with armed resistance.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Talking Cross Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Maybe the boyfriend will see the sense in being armed and alert himself in future. I'd wager that invasion deals would cease if BG's knew that any house they tried would oblige them with armed resistance.
    Yeah, I was thinking of offering my services as psitol instructor.

On your other comment, imagine if the BG's knew they would get caught in a cross fire from the neighbors!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    A little off suject but in line with what Chris said; we have a prison at Calico Rock and the warden informs the cons that if they do escape they need to realize that the folks around here are armed and will shoot if threatened. We have had a few escape attempts, but the inmates have given the folks a wide birth. One of the inmates that made an attempt and was caught said he was afraid to get to close to any houses because he thought he might get shot. The thought that we are armed is a deterrent to crime!!!!!

Question Prison Breaks in Gun Control Land?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty
    A little off suject but in line with what Chris said; we have a prison at Calico Rock and the warden informs the cons that if they do escape they need to realize that the folks around here are armed and will shoot if threatened. We have had a few escape attempts, but the inmates have given the folks a wide birth. The thought that we are armed is a deterrent to crime!!!!!
    But what about the perps who escape from a prison in a gun control state like Illinois, New Jersey, Massachusetts, or California? Smooth sailing? Get to San Francisco, dress like a girl (if male) and blend in?

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Now,now EX, we wouldn't want to wake them up or make them think, they might miss a makeover!!!!!!

erh
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    Yeah, I was thinking of offering my services as psitol instructor.

On your other comment, imagine if the BG's knew they would get caught in a cross fire from the neighbors!
    I keep thinking the same thing, on both comments - Ex..!
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

The neighbor is crazy, what if ,just what if all would have died accept him due to the gun fire. I would never just walk into a situation like that, he must have just finished watching a movie. The problem here on the victims part is being too nice. Thus, naturally if someone comes to our door we look out and then open the door. Well, in my opinion if I don't know you and don't want to be bothered you just stand there and knock or I talk through the locked door. The people on the other side will get the message and leave. I remember doing this once and the people just left. Now days the BG's are smart and realize that for the most part people want to help.

Specifically, a guy approached a female in my area at the bus stop and got her to come over to his van by pretending he was lost. Well, when he got her there and was listening to the directions he pulled out his pen and paper as if to write down the directions, and magically dropped his pen. The female bent over to get the pen and he knocked her out. He then drove her to a large parking lot and raped her. She was then put out of the van.

We have to pay attention to the little voice that says trouble, because the bad guys are playing on our emotions and good will.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I'd appreciate it if my family was in a situation like that and I wasn't around if my neighbor did the same for them.

I say "Good Job" & if I ever come across a situation where my neighbor or anyone is in harms way I hope I'm able to help.

But hey, that's me - my opinion. Maybe my being that way is why I was in the military - why I'm now a volunteer Auxiliary police officer. Just want to help try and make my little part of the world a better place.
    For God, Family and Country!

I might have grabbed something stronger than a pistol. Otherwise it is extremely ballsy and in other states would even be illegal, sadly.

Senior Moderator
    The woman fled calling police on her cellphone and running to a neighbor for help.

Her neighbor armed himself with a handgun, walked into the couple's house and -- after an exchange of gunfire -- shot and killed one suspect.

. Otherwise it is extremely ballsy and in other states would even be illegal, sadly.
    It is ballsy...but who here among us would NOT help a neighbor in need? Especially,knowing that gunplay was involved...one would need to meet with the appropriate force. A pistol is better than nothing, but I would have that and a least a shotgun.

The neighbor did the right thing.

The neighbor is crazy, what if ,just what if all would have died accept him due to the gun fire. I would never just walk into a situation like that, he must have just finished watching a movie
    He knew the risk and went anyway. Yeah he could have lost and got capped. At least he would have died tryin...which is more then most folks would do.Lots of talk and lipservice out there by folks that refuse to act for one reason or another....but the bottom line dosent change.

Its very likey that the womans boyfriend would have been killed had her neighbor not intervened.

Refusing a neighbor help when 3 thugs go into her house at gunpoint and put a gun to someones head...what kindof message does that send ? No action basically guarantees that it will happen again.

My only regret is that he didnt get all 3 of the punks.

Links