They're starting young

This is a discussion on They're starting young within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Florida Boy, 12, Allegedly Robs Convenience Store With Toy Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com DEFUNIAK ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're starting young

They're starting young

Florida Boy, 12, Allegedly Robs Convenience Store With Toy Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. — A 12-year-old boy has been arrested after allegedly pointing what turned out to be a toy gun at a convenience store clerk in northern Florida.

The Walton County Sheriff's Office says that the boy walked into the store Thursday. Authorities say the boy pointed a wood barreled, long gun at the clerk and demanded money from the cash register. After handing him an undisclosed amount of money, the clerk told deputies the boy said thank you and left.

A deputy on patrol saw the boy walking on a highway. The boy attempted to run before being stopped.

Authorities say they found the money and toy weapon. The boy was first transported to the Walton County Jail, and later transferred to the Department of Juvenile Justice in Crestview.

Defuniak Springs is mostly known for the over abundance of meth production facilities.
    If I need to oil a gun, I go to the beach.
    8040 Couger, P95
    1929 MN 91/30, 1927/28 MN Ex Dragoon, MN M44's, Lots of MN's
    Swiss LG1911 1915 and 1916
    Brazilian VZ-24 JC (2), Brazilian Model 1908
    Spanish M1916

2. Remove Ads

Oh boy........

This kid needs more than a spanken'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs View Post
    Florida Boy, 12, Allegedly Robs Convenience Store With Toy Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. A 12-year-old boy has been arrested after allegedly pointing what turned out to be a toy gun at a convenience store clerk in northern Florida.

After handing him an undisclosed amount of money, the clerk told deputies the boy said thank you and left.
    And they say our kids don't have manners any more!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    And they say our kids don't have manners any more!!
    Yeah I don't see anything wrong,his parent apparently taught him proper Robbery Etiquette,you get more cashola with please and thank you
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Oh boy........

This kid needs more than a spanken'.

Unfortunately a beat down would cause the parents even more grief by todays standards. An unruly teen is a tough thing to deal with. I'm glad mine went through it back when this type of stuff was practically unheard of.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I doubt it was this kid's (and I've seen some big, mean 12 year olds) first mistake...time for some 'adult' punishment.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

when i was a kid, i had all kinds of toy guns. some very real looking but even as a kid i could tell the difference between a toy gun and a real gun. how could an adult not know it was a toy? i have seen the toy guns in stores, yes they look very real, but come on. and how could you take a 12 year seriously? anyone not old enough to shave pointing a gun with a wood barrel demanding money would get nothing but laughed at while 911 is being dialed. i definatly blame the parents and they should all go to jail together under the charge of armed robbery, that gets more time. and the person working that gave the kid money, i dont know. what do you do with someone that doesnt realize guns dont have wood barrels. you dont need to know anything about a gun to know this. these are the people that are killing this country in my opinion, stupid parents raising stupid kids.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    When I was a kid I knew right from wrong. Wrong is taking things that don't belong to you, even if you say please and thank you.
    Great parenting at work here!
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Maybe I shouldn't be laughing at this, but the whole situation is downright comical even though it is bad that the youngun decided to become an "armed" robber.

Authorities say the boy pointed a wood barreled, long gun at the clerk
    First of all, he pointed a wooden gun. Wooden? Come on, you don't have to be an Einstein to figure that one out.

After handing him an undisclosed amount of money, the clerk told deputies the boy said thank you and left
    Second, he's a kid. A 12 year old. The adult should have been, well, an adult and took matters into their hands and subdued the little varmit, called the cops and then had them haul his butt off to Juvenile Detention. He should have never been allowed any cash and to leave.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; January 9th, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

There are lots of armed robberies committed by 12 year old kids. Some with real guns. Some that shoot victims. BG college teaches them laws about youthfull offenders in freshman year, most students are a freshman between 9 and 15.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    First of all, he pointed a wooden gun. Wooden? Come on, you don't have to be an Einstein to figure that one out.
    Here's a link to what it looked like, courtesy of the NW FL Daily News

Special to the Daily News: News Photo : Northwest Florida Daily News

the kid should have pointed the toy rifle at the cop just to prove how grown up it really wasnt!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    A wooden gun? Is this kid John Dillinger?
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSquirrelHunter View Post
    To be fair, anyone who doesn't know one thing about guns could easily think that is real.
    Wood stock
    Metal action
    Metal barrel

I wouldn't assume it wasn't real. Kid's lucky he wasn't killed himself...

Quote Originally Posted by FLSquirrelHunter View Post
    That looks a lot like my SKS.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links