First Stupid SD story from the UK this year! - Page 2

First Stupid SD story from the UK this year!

This is a discussion on First Stupid SD story from the UK this year! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Guardian I'm thankful for living in America every day of my life. Any room for a couple of Brits???? think I could ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I'm thankful for living in America every day of my life.
    Any room for a couple of Brits???? think I could grow to love Texas!!!

Tint Bob (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    Any room for a couple of Brits???? think I could grow to love Texas!!!

Tint Bob (UK)
    Come on over. In FL, at least you could be on the same pond.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I am curious. If a kitchen knife is classified as an offensive weapon, how do they define a "defensive" weapon?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

jailed for sex outside marriage, which is illegal under the emirate’s laws.
    Wow! how archaic can they get. Glad I didn't grow up there, I'd be a lifer...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I am curious. If a kitchen knife is classified as an offensive weapon, how do they define a "defensive" weapon?
    Unfortunatly there is no such thing as a defensive weapon in the UK
    If you got stopped by the Police in your car and they said "hallo hallo hallo what this big torch you have there? " (has to be said in a funny posh cockney british accent)
    And you said "oh officer its to whack around a BG head if he tries anything"
    They would nick you (arrest) but.....
    If you said "officer its so I can see my way when its dark"

He would say "Well orf you go and be safe"

Apologies to the LEO's out there but sometimes its hard to take our Police serious

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_45 View Post
    Ya think
    I guess stories like this make our laws somewhat digestible (except in IL, NY, etc. & the Obama administration)
    Im assuming your talking about NYC not NY state?
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Come on over. In FL, at least you could be on the same pond.
    Ahhh that would be nice....Heat Sun etc etc
    But as a white european (not Irish) I have 2 hopes of coming to the US
    Bob Hope
    No Hope!!!

No way of getting a green card unless one has a shedload of greenbacks and can buy a business.
    I'm told rich Brits get a green card by buying a house and employing american domestic staff....Easy way in...
    Well if 6 numbers come up on our lottery......We will be winging our way Stateside

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    "However, I was left shocked and surprised to be told that a private individual in the privacy of their own home runs the risk of committing a criminal offence if, out of fear for their own safety and their loved ones, they grab something with which they could defend themselves if an intruder enters their home.

"I totally respect British law - but surely everyone has the right to self-defence in their own home if they are in danger?"
    Did she just move there? That's been common knowledge for over a decade. and W-w-w-why would she respect that type of legal system?

Twelve years ago, I was the service manager for a plumbing and air conditioning company in Dallas. The owner and his wife were Brits from London and new American citizens. They were appalled to find I had a CHG on me most of the time. They questioned me a good deal about why and I explained. They didn't care much for me carrying in the building but didn't stop me.

A few months later he fired one of the plumbers sometime during the week. The ex-employee came in late Friday afternoon to get his check and was drunk. I was in my office and heard several people screaming for me. It turns out the boss was going to his car when the ex-employee jumped on him and started to kick his butt. The boss was a college boxer and in fairly good shape, but he was in his 60s and no match for and enraged, drunk, street fighter half his age.

I tried to pull the guy off him and got an elbow to the chest for my effort, I was then in my mid 50s, blue steel against his ear stopped him in his tracks. I then forced him on his hands and knees and some of the other employees showed up to help hold him for the police.

Funny thing about the whole experience is a few weeks latter the boss completed a CHL application and sent it to Austin for his own CHL. That's one Brit that got the message.

Also, the police checked my CHL and had no problems for the way I used my weapon, in their opinions considering our collective age, I had every right to use my weapon to stop the attack. That's the first and only time I've had to draw my weapon.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Pretty sad stuff. We have had a jeweller here shoot a armed robber, no charges laid and he got his guns back.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    That's been common knowledge for over a decade.
    Not really.....Most people in the UK "think" we have a "Castle " law ie you can do anything in your home to defend yourself and your family.
    Where in fact the wording of the law is woolley, I think the wording is "resonable force"
    So WTH does resonable force mean???? Well that's the problem, its up to either the judge or the jury and what they think is resonable force.
    Please bear with us, normal service should be resumed in May this year when our dumocrates get the biggest kick in the nuts ever seen in the western world.
    History will look back on the years 1997 to 2009 as the last time the liebour party EVER had a position of authority.

I googled "Myleene Klass" in Google Images. My eyes about popped out of my head. Crikey!

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    I googled "Myleene Klass" in Google Images. My eyes about popped out of my head. Crikey!
    Don't know why I hadn't googled it before getting to your post, but I'd like to say thank you, thank you very much.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    People get the government they deserve. Applies to my town/state/country, Chicago, Great Britain, Iran, etc.
    Yup. Sure do. There is plenty of discussion fuel on that statment on many, many levels.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Didn't it all start with a gun registration (that would NEVER be used to locate owners and confiscate guns). Then they started collecting them and making them illegal to use?

Don't let it happen here. No lisencing and no registration for owning guns!!
    Walk softly ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links