First Stupid SD story from the UK this year!

This is a discussion on First Stupid SD story from the UK this year! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We wont want it and it will be against the Constitution, but just like the health care, it will be shoved down our throats. The ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Stupid SD story from the UK this year!

We wont want it and it will be against the Constitution, but just like the health care, it will be shoved down our throats. The U.S. politicians (ALL POLITICIANS)have lost touch with the public, reality, and humanity, they don't care about us and will do what ever they want. I can see it happening here as we are on the same path as Britain/UK and the other countries. There is a bigger picture here that we all don't see...What it is I don't know either... Didn't the GB politicians try and ban all knives there?

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    I googled "Myleene Klass" in Google Images. My eyes about popped out of my head. Crikey!
    Yeah she is pretty cute....Very talented plays piano, presents TV programs, model........
    Have to say she has gone right up there for me, we were getting Myleene on every show (over load) but now she is No1

Myleene Klass - The Official Website - myleeneklass.co.uk

Hertfordshire Police officers warned Klass she should not have used a knife to scare off the teens because carrying an "offensive weapon" - even in her own home - was illegal.

I totally respect British law - but surely everyone has the right to self defence in their own home if they are in danger?
    I, on the other hand, utterly disrespect any law that denies a person to defend himself from crime.

Was this that sort of thing? Depends on the circumstances and timing.

Here, as well, one cannot simply whip out a deadly weapon and claim someone stop what they're doing. It absolutely depends on what they doing, how much of a threat it is, how imminent the threat is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    Where in fact the wording of the law is woolley, I think the wording is "resonable force"

So WTH does resonable force mean?
    The same is true, here. OTHER people who were not at the scene get to judge your actions after the fact, in large part based on the rantings of the prosecutor who has your worst interests at heart. It is a balancing act. One absolutely has the right to defend himself, but that must be balanced with reverence for life. The trick is to find a valuable balance, one that doesn't disallow defense but one that also doesn't promote actions that are overkill for the actual threat that exists in the given situation.

So far as I can tell, the key problem you're really describing is this: that there's a presumption of guilt, whenever anyone dares lift a finger that can be deemed a threatening gesture, instead of presuming the actions are justified and requiring the prosecution to prove anything. Here we have that ludicrous problem, too, which is why the citizens in so many states have pushed hard for "Castle" laws that change this presumption to favor the defender.

But, whichever this particular situation was, it surely seems that the British governing authorities are making it patently clear that its subjects do NOT have much leeway in resisting crime. That is not going to end well, no matter what else can be said.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The Brits won't get their rights back unless they have a revolution. The powers that be have them right where they want them.

Cricket bats and garden tools will be all they have left. Even their knives will soon be blunted.

Quote Originally Posted by futinshool View Post
    The Brits won't get their rights back unless they have a revolution. The powers that be have them right where they want them.
    You could also argue the following:

We won't get our rights back unless we have a revolution. The powers that be have us right where they want us.

thought you might like to read what Richard Littlejohn thinks about the Myleene Klass story.
    Richard (or just Littlejohn) is a fairly rightwing jono, I think he is just a nice guy with a lot of common sense!!! He also like to take the micky out of anyone who does something stupid...........

The first Mind How You Go entry of the New Year comes from Hertfordshire Constabulary, mission statement: 'Safety, justice and reassurance for all.'
    Chief Constable Frank Whiteley boasts: 'To be a victim of crime in Hertfordshire is rare. It is one of the safest places in the country to live, work and visit.

'Work with us to keep it that way for all our communities.

Myleene, pictured today, was said to be 'utterly terrified' when faced with intruders in her garden
    'As well as being safer, I want people to feel safer. Our Citizen Focus initiatives mean we are continuously looking at ways to improve the way we serve you - and to provide a service that meets your needs.'
    Safety and reassurance were precisely what Myleene Klass was looking for when she rang the police in Potters Bar.
    Miss Klass, 31, who is described as a television presenter and Marks & Spencer model, was home alone with her two-year-old daughter when she disturbed two youths acting suspiciously in her back garden in the early hours.
    They attempted to break in to her garden shed, and as they approached the kitchen window she waved a knife to scare them off.

When the police arrived on the scene the youths had fled, leaving only footsteps in the snow.
    Rather than follow their trail, the officers were more concerned with Miss Klass's reaction.

They told her she should not have brandished the kitchen knife because it was an offensive weapon and she could be arrested.
    Her agent said: 'Myleene was utterly terrified. She was aghast when she was told that the law did not allow her to defend herself in her own home.
    'All she did was scream loudly and wave the knife to try and frighten them off.

'She is not looking to be a vigilante, and has the utmost respect for the law, but when the police explained to her that even if you're at home alone and you have an intruder, you are not allowed to protect yourself, she was bemused.'
    Klass may have been bemused, but she should not have been surprised.

When Hertfordshire Police talk about 'safety, justice and reassurance for all', they include criminals, too.
    Like all police forces today, they are as concerned about the safety of villains as they are about the victims.
    In some cases, more so. On the day Miss Klass dialled 999, her local paper carried a story about a killer who had been banned from every pub in Potters Bar.
    Richard Stanford-Davies was jailed for five years for manslaughter in 2004. He was a guest at an after-hours birthday party at the Old Maypole, in North Mymms, when a fight broke out.
    Stanford-Davies battered a man unconscious, attacked the landlord and then turned on fellow drinker Richard Hemstead, punching him on the chin.
    Mr Hemstead, 47, suffered massive internal bleeding as a result of the violent rotation of his head and died of his injuries. Stanford-Davies pleaded guilty to manslaughter and causing actual bodily harm.
    On his release from prison, he was soon in trouble again. He attacked a member of staff in the Admiral Byng pub.
    Myleene was alone in her house with daughter Ava while fiance Graham was away on business
    Yet when he came up before the court last month, and despite his previous conviction for killing, he was given a suspended sentence of just 16 weeks for assault and eight weeks for criminal damage.

He was also handed an exclusion order banning him from all pubs in Potters Bar for one year.
    The Welwyn Hatfield Times, not unnaturally, thought that people had the right to be aware of the identity of a violent criminal in their midst. Pub-goers in particular have good reason to be on the lookout for him, given his record.
    But when the paper asked the Old Bill for a photograph of Stanford-Davies, it was turned down flat. The police said it was 'not in the public interest'.
    It was up to pub landlords to enforce the ban - and they knew what he looked like.
    A spokesman for Hertfordshire-Plod said that only in 'exceptional circumstances' would they release a picture of someone who had received a sentence of less than three years in jail.
    The police can't be held responsible for the leniency and stupidity of the courts, but nor should they be shielding a serial thug like Stanford-Davies.
    No doubt they will cite 'yuman rites' and data protection laws to justify their refusal to hand over a photo. It wouldn't be the first time.
    But how does deliberately concealing the identity of a killer square with a bold commitment to 'safety, justice and reassurance for all'?
    Not only has justice not been done in this case, it hasn't been seen to be done, either.
    Meanwhile, a terrified, innocent woman who defends herself and her child in her own home is read the riot act and treated like a criminal.
    'As well as being safer, I want people to feel safer,' says Chief Constable Whiteley. What a hollow ring those words have today.
    Mind how you go.

Read more: RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Come on, Myleene, put that knife down! | Mail Online

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Wow. When the heck did the Brits become such sheep?
    Right after 'Winston Churchill' passed away...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    as soon as they considered themselves subjects to a crown...

I've been sitting here trying to type something to say, but everything just seems to come out wrong. All I can say is I hope that Labour is crushed in your next elections Bob, and that there's a chance at common sense coming back to the British lawbooks and a return of national pride. 

God bless and stay safe on your side of the pond, man.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I've been sitting here trying to type something to say, but everything just seems to come out wrong. All I can say is I hope that Labour is crushed in your next elections Bob, and that there's a chance at common sense coming back to the British lawbooks and a return of national pride. 

God bless and stay safe on your side of the pond, man.
    Katana

Thanks for your kind words, it will change this country to see labour crushed, everything always points back to them.......

Once again I'm glad we got the heck out of that crap 'ole 3 years ago....

I'm also glad I have a CZ2075 Rami P 9mm under my pillow, just incase I can't find a kitchen knife to wave out of the window.

4 years to US Citizenship and counting :-)
    Last edited by JD; January 20th, 2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Language

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    They didn't become sheep, they always were. The ones who weren't sheep, left and came here. Call it evolution in progress.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links