First Stupid SD story from the UK this year!

This is a discussion on First Stupid SD story from the UK this year! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Breaking on Sky News this morning Myleene Klass Knife Warning: Marks And Spencer Model Warned Over Waving Kitchen Knife At Teenagers | Showbiz News | ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Stupid SD story from the UK this year!

Angry First Stupid SD story from the UK this year!

Breaking on Sky News this morning

Myleene Klass Knife Warning: Marks And Spencer Model Warned Over Waving Kitchen Knife At Teenagers | Showbiz News | Sky News

TV Star Warned Over Waving Knife At Intruders
    9:10am UK, Sunday January 10, 2010

Huw Borland, Sky News Online

Celebrity mum Myleene Klass is "aghast" after being warned by police for waving a knife at teenagers who entered her garden.

Celebrity mum Myleene is a TV presenter, a model and a musician

The TV star and Marks & Spencer model was in her kitchen, with her daughter upstairs, when she spotted people peering into her window just after midnight on Friday.

She grabbed a knife and banged the windows before they ran away.

Hertfordshire Police officers warned Klass she should not have used a knife to scare off the teens because carrying an "offensive weapon" - even in her own home - was illegal.

I totally respect British law - but surely everyone has the right to self defence in their own home if they are in danger?

Myleene Klass' statement to Sky News

Klass told Sky News in a statement: "My family are totally fine and I thank the police for being so re-assuring and comforting.

"However, I was left shocked and surprised to be told that a private individual in the privacy of their own home runs the risk of committing a criminal offence if, out of fear for their own safety and their loved ones, they grab something with which they could defend themselves if an intruder enters their home.

Klass scared off teens

"I totally respect British law - but surely everyone has the right to self-defence in their own home if they are in danger?"

Her spokesman Jonathan Shalit said the former Hearsay singer was "utterly terrified" and was stepping up security at the property near Potters Bar.

He told the Sunday Telegraph: "Myleene was aghast when she was told that the law did not allow her to defend herself at home.

"All she did was scream loudly and wave the knife to try and frighten them off."

Klass' fiance Graham Quinn was away on business at the time of the scare.

It came amid calls for greater rights for people to defend themselves against intruders on their property.

In December, Munir Hussain was jailed for attacking a man who tied up his family in their home. He and his brother used a cricket bat to beat one of the intruders.

Further to this serving UK LEO's are calling the TV station to say the local police are wrong, still doesn't make this a good story though.

Tint Bob (UK)

2. Remove Ads

those silly Britts..geeze
    "Brains before Bullets"

Senior Moderator
    Wow. When the heck did the Brits become such sheep?
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    In December, Munir Hussain was jailed for attacking a man who tied up his family in their home. He and his brother used a cricket bat to beat one of the intruders.

Tint Bob (UK)
    Wow........

That takes "duty to retreat" down to the depths of Haydes.

To HAVE to allow any criminal element complete and total access and control under the threat of jail time is SO very unfamiliar to me.

.....and, I assume, that most British subjects not only 'accept' this but are happy Munir Hussain got what he deserved for trying to protect his family.......???
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

It came amid calls for greater rights for people to defend themselves against intruders on their property.
    Ya think
    I guess stories like this make our laws somewhat digestible (except in IL, NY, etc. & the Obama administration)
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Another one for ya that was posted here earlier

Myleene Klass Knife Warning: Marks And Spencer Model Warned Over Waving Kitchen Knife At Teenagers | Showbiz News | Sky News

TV Star Warned Over Waving Knife At Intruders
    9:10am UK, Sunday January 10, 2010

Huw Borland, Sky News Online

Celebrity mum Myleene Klass is "aghast" after being warned by police for waving a knife at teenagers who entered her garden.

Celebrity mum Myleene is a TV presenter, a model and a musician

The TV star and Marks & Spencer model was in her kitchen, with her daughter upstairs, when she spotted people peering into her window just after midnight on Friday.

She grabbed a knife and banged the windows before they ran away.

Hertfordshire Police officers warned Klass she should not have used a knife to scare off the teens because carrying an "offensive weapon" - even in her own home - was illegal.

I totally respect British law - but surely everyone has the right to self defence in their own home if they are in danger?

Myleene Klass' statement to Sky News

Klass told Sky News in a statement: "My family are totally fine and I thank the police for being so re-assuring and comforting.

"However, I was left shocked and surprised to be told that a private individual in the privacy of their own home runs the risk of committing a criminal offence if, out of fear for their own safety and their loved ones, they grab something with which they could defend themselves if an intruder enters their home.

Klass scared off teens

"I totally respect British law - but surely everyone has the right to self-defence in their own home if they are in danger?"

Her spokesman Jonathan Shalit said the former Hearsay singer was "utterly terrified" and was stepping up security at the property near Potters Bar.

He told the Sunday Telegraph: "Myleene was aghast when she was told that the law did not allow her to defend herself at home.

"All she did was scream loudly and wave the knife to try and frighten them off."

Klass' fiance Graham Quinn was away on business at the time of the scare.

Further to this serving UK LEO's are calling the TV station to say the local police are wrong, still doesn't make this a good story though.
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    People get the government they deserve. Applies to my town/state/country, Chicago, Great Britain, Iran, etc.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'm thankful for living in America every day of my life.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

What was she supposed to do, tap with her fingers so they know she's defenseless and they can do anything they want?

Don't they have any kind of Supreme Court over there? I guess without a constitution, the Gov. can kind of do what they feel like and you have no recourse. We complain about the US in many ways, but lordy, i'll take it and think myself lucky for being a citizen.

Maybe the law over there states you're supposed to offer a drink to any would be attackers at the door as you welcome them into your home. Otherwise it's a felony for not being polite to BGs.

God bless America and thanks to our Founding Fathers for allowing us to inherit this Nation, however imperfect, we have.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I guess people need to walk around with wallets in their hands to hand to anybody that threatens them and women can expect to be raped and submit because god forbid they threaten anybody wishing to do them harm,The british laws are so ridiculous I wouldn't waste any money ever visiting there,I had to live there for 6 years courtesy of Uncle Sam in the 70's and I couldn't wait to get back home.
    Canada ain't too far behind them,if somebody breaks in your home in Canada your suppose to run out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Scary stuff, never knowing if you'll be charged with a crime for defending yourself. I would never, ever want to live in the UK.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

So who reported her threatening action? Did one of the bg's call the cops and say something like:

"We were casing this house for a burglery when this woman in the kitchen waves her knife at us. You better do something about this dangerous and unlawful action."
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

And people can't understand why I have no desire to visit foreign countries,I was a military brat and saw enough foreign soil before I turned 16,then saw some more after 18 on uncle sugars dime.I will never be able to visit all the great spots our country has to offer in my lifetime,so I will spend my money here, and not in some country that I cannot enjoy all the rights I have here
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by RmScadd View Post
    So who reported her threatening action? "

No it was because she called 999 (our 911 number) and reported it.
    Local Police turned up and it was they that said she was breaking the law (wrongly I might add)

Someone asked when did it all go wrong in the UK ?? I would suggest the early 1990's.

Around about 1985 I heard "sounds"............ Someone was trying to break into my car on the drive.... My girlfriend dialled the Police whilst I grabbed my trusty Berretta 301 Auto shotgun and a handfull of shells.
    As soon as they heard the breech make that wonderfull "crunch sound" they took off.
    A couple of minutes later plod showed up (I still had my 12g in my arms, and lowered it to show a little respect to the Police)
    Explained what happened, what I did etc......... They replied "Well done, shame you didn't "get" one of the little sh***"

Now fast forward to 2010...............
    If I did the same again, it would be " oh look a clean up target, man with gun threatening to use it etc"
    I would be charged with whatever they think they could get away with, lose my licence and guns and then await the trial.

This is what happens when the Police become an arm of the government, and the government issues "targets" to the Police....
    The Police are just like anybody who has a monetary target on their heads, they look for the easy option.

Be on your guard, question everything your useless government proposes and hopefully you won't end up with 12 years of liebour rule (that's dumocrates to you)

Tint Bob (UK)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links