Gunfire at a Georgia truck rental business left two dead and three hurt

This is a discussion on Gunfire at a Georgia truck rental business left two dead and three hurt within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Things are desperate and nasty out there people.......... 'Disgruntled ex-employee' is suspect in Georgia shooting, police say - CNN.com Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Two people ...

Thread: Gunfire at a Georgia truck rental business left two dead and three hurt

Things are desperate and nasty out there people..........

'Disgruntled ex-employee' is suspect in Georgia shooting, police say - CNN.com

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Two people were killed and three wounded Tuesday in a shooting at a Penske truck rental business in suburban Atlanta, authorities said.

The suspected gunman was a "disgruntled ex-employee," Cobb County police Sgt. Joe Hernandez told reporters. The man was a middle-aged white male, he said, estimating he was in his 50s. He had worked for Penske for several years, Hernandez said, but did not know when his employment ceased.

The man was armed with a handgun when he confronted one victim outside just before 2 p.m., then entered the first floor of the business and fired "several" shots, Hernandez said.

The business' offices are located on the second floor; truck bays and a mechanical area are located on the first floor. Authorities do not believe the man made it to the second floor, Hernandez said.

The shooter was dressed in camouflage and fled the scene in a pickup truck, Hernandez said. Police were alerted to the vehicle by a witness, and later stopped and arrested the suspect without incident about a mile away, he said.

Police were interviewing witnesses and processing the scene, Hernandez said. Authorities are also notifying the families of the victims.

"This is not an incident the community needs to be further worried about," he said, adding authorities believe the man acted alone.

Penske's corporate security is in touch with local authorities and is attempting to get more information, said spokesman Randy Ryerson.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Wonder if Penske has any policy banning firearms or concealed carry at their work places? If so, they gave the ex-employee ample opportunity to kill the unarmed.

Seems like we are seeing a bit too many "disgruntled ex-employees" these days coming back to former work places. The recent one in St. Louis comes to mind.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Once he was caught, he gave up without a fight.

Friggin loser should've eaten a bullet for the carnage he caused. Now he's a ward of the state.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    The suspected gunman was a "disgruntled ex-employee," .
    I think I do a pretty good job staying out of a bad part of town, or staying out too late, or hanging out with questionable people.

This story is one of those examples that you can't hardly prevent being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can imagine being there trying to rent a truck and this guy comes in, shoots his victim, maybe decides to permanently "check-out" and shoots me in the process......just because I happened to be there.

Same thing with being in a convenience store and getting caught in the middle of a robbery.

I can't be bubble-boy or live under a rock though, you just keep your eyes open and keep going about life. No guarantees, but only try and keep the odds in your favor.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

thats sad , most workplaces dont allow firearms which is they should for certain people like bosses to protect the companies and its workers.

VIP Member

Yeah, good way to become a bad statistic

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I think I do a pretty good job staying out of a bad part of town, or staying out too late, or hanging out with questionable people.

This story is one of those examples that you can't hardly prevent being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can imagine being there trying to rent a truck and this guy comes in, shoots his victim, maybe decides to permanently "check-out" and shoots me in the process......just because I happened to be there.

Same thing with being in a convenience store and getting caught in the middle of a robbery.

I can't be bubble-boy or live under a rock though, you just keep your eyes open and keep going about life. No guarantees, but only try and keep the odds in your favor.

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links