11 year old boy defends home after getting shot

This is a discussion on 11 year old boy defends home after getting shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Janq Unbelievable! The boy with is mother who is supposed to be his protector arms himself, takes a round to a critical ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11 year old boy defends home after getting shot

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Unbelievable!

The boy with is mother who is supposed to be his protector arms himself, takes a round to a critical area and stays in the fight to in turn functionally defend himself to the point of turning the attack. All the while saving his mother from no doubt physical assault if not death.

If I were his towns mayor or police chief I would be sure to give him an award for uncommon bravery.

That is just amazing, to me.

- Janq

P.S. - Duk please update your post to include the news source.
    I would like to forward this to others.
    Amen brother!

He should be awarded something on his local news station by the City Mayor so all his friends and family can see it. No telling how that would affect the young man as he grows up, but I'll wager it could do nothing but good for the long run.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

This "little man" and all who know him knows what he is really made of now - some people go their whole lives without finding out. I hope he makes a fully recovery both physically and mentally. Even though he is regarded a hero, this could be very traumatic for him.

This just reinforces why its important to teach firearms safety and usage to all members of the family if possible. Maybe my wife will never learn but my son sure as hell will.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    The kid did good. Hope he makes a full recovery.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Congrats to this young man for courage, too bad the parent couldn't have joined the 'battle'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Great ending to a frighting story! It would only be better if the little guy would've hit the bone-bag center of the forehead. Hope he recovers and suffers no permanent damage from the ordeal.
    Normally I would agree with that, but given his age it would be an awful lot for him to live with. It would be hard enough for an adult to wrap their head around let alone a 11 year old boy.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Unbelievable!

The boy with is mother who is supposed to be his protector arms himself, takes a round to a critical area and stays in the fight to in turn functionally defend himself to the point of turning the attack. All the while saving his mother from no doubt physical assault if not death.

If I were his towns mayor or police chief I would be sure to give him an award for uncommon bravery.

- Janq

I give credit to the boy too, but it's the same thing any one of us would do.
    How much you want to bet he applies for a permit to carry when he's older
    Good job, young man
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member

Rambo Jr.???

Unbelievable!

- Janq

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    Thats some little man. To have the nerves to take a bullet and still protect his mother at the age of 11. He should have a parade and a big celebration thrown for him as a hero, because he is.

^^^AMAZING^^^^^^^^

I'd want him on my slaughterball team...Do they still play that????

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Good for him!

I hope he has no lasting injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Good for him!

I hope he has no lasting injuries.
    physical, or emotional. what an amazing young man! i'm left wondering why his mother wasn't the one shooting, but as long as someone was.

i also wonder where he learned to shoot: a parent, a peer, a video game?

If anybody is interested,I'm going to try to find out who the family is and contact the parent/s to see if there is something that the boy would like that they can't afford like maybe a playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii,I think it would be great if members from a Defensive Carry website could say you did good and hope this makes your recovery a little more bearable
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member

re: Dukealmighty

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If anybody is interested,I'm going to try to find out who the family is and contact the parent/s to see if there is something that the boy would like that they can't afford like maybe a playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii,I think it would be great if members from a Defensive Carry website could say you did good and hope this makes your recovery a little more bearable
    Good idea

.If you are able to contact the parent I'll chip in for a "get well" gift for the boy. PM me when you know what is going on.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Somebody buy that kid a week-long, all-expenses-paid trip to Disney, and a new dirt bike, and anything else he wants. What an incredible young man! What a hero!

Seriously, when you find out the info, please PM me. I would love to contribute.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

It can be hard to tell when a child is ready for a little more gun. I am going to go out on a limb a guess this young man is ready for a nice 30-30.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Bravo Zulu to that Young Man! I hope there are no lasting pain or nightmares for him or his Momma.

Hope his attacker meets a wonderful new room-mate in his new residence!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I hope my children can be that prepared if the sittuation ever presents itself. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst. That includes children. I doubt that that dad could be more proud of his son.
    Walk softly ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links