11 year old boy defends home after getting shot - Page 4

11 year old boy defends home after getting shot

This is a discussion on 11 year old boy defends home after getting shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good on the kid for being able to focus through it. He'll have one hell of a story when he grows up. Just imagine at ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 11 year old boy defends home after getting shot

Good on the kid for being able to focus through it.

He'll have one hell of a story when he grows up. Just imagine at some collage party in the future.

"You call that a scar? look at this.. (drops pants) That boys and girls is where i was shot when I was 11, I shot him back in the neck protecting my mom" contest over....

but seriously good job kid
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Good idea

.If you are able to contact the parent I'll chip in for a "get well" gift for the boy. PM me when you know what is going on.
    Count me in...he is legit to be helped.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    Good thing he had his gun...
    A lot of parents may now think twice about that. In Texas, in 1995, we got the CHL laws, but we also got the making a firearm accessible to a child law. Had the mother left home with this same brave child in possession of this same gun, even under the supervision of someone just under 17, she could be subject to a Class A misdemeanor depending on what happens after she leaves.

I always enjoy reading these threads for all the atta boys, but then in the threads labeled BAD: where the parent leaves the same gun with the same kid and an accident happens, then well, they deserve to go to jail. Not of course if she's a farmer, 'cause we know it's not criminal to leave a farmer boy with a gun in Texas under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
    A lot of parents may now think twice about that. In Texas, in 1995, we got the CHL laws, but we also got the making a firearm accessible to a child law. Had the mother left home with this same brave child in possession of this same gun, even under the supervision of someone just under 17, she could be subject to a Class A misdemeanor depending on what happens after she leaves.

I always enjoy reading these threads for all the atta boys, but then in the threads labeled BAD: where the parent leaves the same gun with the same kid and an accident happens, then well, they deserve to go to jail. Not of course if she's a farmer, 'cause we know it's not criminal to leave a farmer boy with a gun in Texas under any circumstances.
    We've got one of those too, but since a crime is only committed if an unlawful discharge of a firearm occurs, it's mostly a non issue. I have yet to hear of anyone being prosecuted under this law who wasn't criminally negligent.

Our health and safety and family welfare laws on the other hand...

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    We've got one of those too, but since a crime is only committed if an unlawful discharge of a firearm occurs, it's mostly a non issue. I have yet to hear of anyone being prosecuted under this law who wasn't criminally negligent.

Our health and safety and family welfare laws on the other hand...

Ryan
    The Texas law says:

A person commits an offense if a child gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm and the person with criminal negligence:

All it takes is gaining access to it, but if someone gets hurt, it's a Class A misdemeanor. In that circumstance, we see these same threads here where the parents are crucified for leaving this same gun with this same 11 year old. Apparently it's a great day to have an 11 year old defend mom, but leaving the same gun to defend himself and his 16 year old sister, the parents should know better.

Really great story, except that the kid had to get shot. I am glad that he made the decision to not become a victim. I hope my children would be able to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    Thats some little man. To have the nerves to take a bullet and still protect his mother at the age of 11. He should have a parade and a big celebration thrown for him as a hero, because he is.
    i much agree.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

UPDATE

Alleged home invader charged
    Comments 1 | Recommend 0
    January 22, 2010 6:08 PM
    Ana Ley
    MISSION — A third home invasion suspect was formally charged Friday morning with breaking into a home last week and shooting an 11-year-old boy in the groin.

Jose Luis Ortega, 26, was released from a San Antonio hospital on Thursday, days after the injured boy shot him in the neck, according to a statement issued by the Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office. Local deputies had guarded Ortega while he recovered at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

Ortega was charged with attempted capital murder and aggravated robbery — each a first-degree felony — during his arraignment hearing at the Hidalgo County Jail.

Two other men — Fernando Guerrero Padilla, 41, and Jaime Arturo Santana Vasquez, 34 — were previously arraigned with the same charges in connection with last week’s break-in.

All three men remain incarcerated at the Hidalgo County Jail in lieu of a $750,000 bond. If convicted, each man faces up to life in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

Deputies detained Ortega, Guerrero and Santana after the group allegedly stormed into a house near the intersection of Minnesota Road and 8 Mile Line on Dec. 15.

A boy inside the house shot Ortega in the neck as he and the other men allegedly tried to ransack the family’s house. Officials said one of the suspects shot the child in the groin.

The men fled the scene without taking any property, the boy’s mother said Monday.

Deputies later arrested Guerrero and Santana as they traveled together in a white SUV. The men were detained and they provided corroborating statements implicating Ortega and themselves in the home invasion, according to the probable cause affidavit in the case.

Ortega fled the house on foot and was picked up along Farm-to-Market Road 2221 by a relative, who transported him to an area hospital. He was then transferred to San Antonio, where the nearest top-level trauma centers to the Rio Grande Valley are located.

The 11-year-old boy was treated at an area hospital and released. His mother said Monday the bullet remains lodged in his right leg.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links