Good: 14,000,000 firearms sold in US in 2009, more than 21 of the worlds armies

This is a discussion on Good: 14,000,000 firearms sold in US in 2009, more than 21 of the worlds armies within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; USA Buys 14 Million+ Guns In 2009 - More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies USA Gun Owners Buy 14 Million Plus Guns In ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good: 14,000,000 firearms sold in US in 2009, more than 21 of the worlds armies

Good: 14,000,000 firearms sold in US in 2009, more than 21 of the worlds armies

USA Buys 14 Million+ Guns In 2009 - More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies

USA Gun Owners Buy 14 Million Plus Guns In 2009 – More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies Combined
    That is 14,033,824,000 billion+ rounds of Ammo..you think that is why we have an Ammo shortage?

Total NICS Gun Buyer Background Checks 2009

AmmoLand Gun News
    Washington, DC --(AmmoLand.com)- Data released by the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) for the year reported 14,033,824 NICS Checks for the year of 2009, a 10 percent increase in gun purchases from the 12,709,023 reported in 2008.

So far that is roughly 14,000,000+ guns bought last year!
    The total is probably more as many NICS background checks cover the purchase of more than one gun at a time by individuals.

To put it in perspective that is more guns than the combined active armies of the top 21 countries in the world. countries by number of troops

Of the NICS background checks preformed less than and average .005% were denied, showing, overwhelmingly, that law abiding American citizens are the ones buying guns and that criminals are getting their guns elsewhere.

14,033,824,000 billions rounds of Ammo
    Assuming each gun buyer bought 1000 rounds of ammo for each purchase, and you and I know that it is way, way more than that, that would be easily 14,033,824,000+ billions rounds of ammo fired by USA gun owners.

What percent of people were killed or injured by this ammo…it is just to infinitesimally small for me to calculate?

Crime At Record Lows
    This record year in firearms background checks show that Americans are solidly in-favor of exercising their civil right to Keep and Bear Arms.

In a year were crime has reached an all time record low what is plainly clear is that more guns equal LESS CRIME!

Countries By Number Of Troops: Source Wikipedia

People’s Republic of China 2,255,000
    United States 1,473,900
    India 1,414,000
    North Korea 1,106,000
    Russia 1,037,000
    Pakistan 619,000
    South Korea 687,000
    Iran 545,000
    Turkey 514,850
    Vietnam 484,000
    Egypt 450,000
    Myanmar 428,250
    Indonesia 400,000
    Brazil 369,000
    Thailand 306,600
    Syria 296,000
    Republic of China 290,000
    Colombia 285,554
    Germany 284,500
    Iraq 273,618
    Sri Lanka 266,700
    People’s Republic of China 2,255,000
    United States 1,473,900
    India 1,414,000
    North Korea 1,106,000
    Russia 1,037,000
    Pakistan 619,000
    South Korea 687,000
    Iran 545,000
    Turkey 514,850
    Vietnam 484,000
    Egypt 450,000
    Myanmar 428,250
    Indonesia 400,000
    Brazil 369,000
    Thailand 306,600
    Syria 296,000
    Republic of China 290,000
    Colombia 285,554
    Germany 284,500
    Iraq 273,618
    Sri Lanka 266,700
    This is an evaluation of overall firearms and ammunition purchases based on low end numbers per Federal NIC instacheck data base Statistics. The numbers presented are only PART of the overall numbers of arms and ammunition that have been sold.

The actual numbers are much higher.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

2. Remove Ads

13,000,996 if it weren't for me. I'm honored to have bought the 14,000,000th gun
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

What is even more amazing is that a lot of gun owners are former military,and even tho we may not be current on small unit tactics and stuff we still remember a lot of how we trained,so we are the"Militia"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Good for Americans! I'm glad to read some good statistics for gun owners.

I find these numbers reassuring.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I find these numbers reassuring.
    I know, right? To me these numbers say "we will not vote to pass a law further inhibiting our gun rights". They also say "dont **** with America!" haha
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Honestly, those figures are staggering.

I'd had no idea we purchased so many firearms, per annum (!).
    Amazing.

To my mind these figures put a head stone to three items of common discussion:

1) 'A ban on guns is possible/coming, in America.'
    Impossible, now. Functionally not possible to enforce by any realistic means what so ever.
    Just by the amount of new manufacture guns transferred per NICS record in 2009 alone. The US will never be like the rest of the world, such as say that of the UK.
    The antis missed their opportunity be they aware of this as fact or not.

2) 'Straw purchases and disreputable gun store sales to criminals make up a significant if not the lions share of criminal gun sourcing.'
    False. Again look at the numbers. Both of gun sales and that of same source real crime stats. One goes way up and the other goes way down, ironically by nearly the same percentage (!).

3) 'Attempted invasion of American soil as by force is an untenable proposition'
    It would take an act of God and The Devil as working together and require legions of James Cameron's 'Terminator' type robotic beings as along with possibly decades of effort to successfully invade America and fight any duration war involving modern conventional arms be they small or large.

We have as many guns and ammo at our hands as civilians as there are waves in the sea and blades of grass among the White House lawn.
    And that's just arms as newly manufactured and actually sold/transferred. Never mind all those guns out there as pre-NICS dating back as much as a century in age and that remain functional largely in lawful and non-violent civilian ownership.

Amazing.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Huh. Only a ten percent increase over the prior year. Imagine what it would have been in an "up" economy.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Huh. Only a ten percent increase over the prior year. Imagine what it would have been in an "up" economy.
    I know!!!

The lowest of the low years by all financial reports and we see a TEN percent increase in purchases, and this is when the price of arms was going through a price spike at that.

AMAZING!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Our numbers are running low...buy early, buy more...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; January 15th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The Democrats don't listen to what the people want about health care or cap and trade, so they probably won't pay attention to what these numbers say about how Americans feel about guns. They will still try to pass stupid laws, but these numbers bring Hope and hopefully will bring Change by enlightening the liberals. America loves its guns, and we love that the 14,000,000+ guns sold just this year will continue to support out freedom and liberty.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    I am one that woke up in 2009. Thanks to those members on Defensive Carry that kept the 2A fires going for slackers like me.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    14 million, eh?
    I'm glad to have contributed 9 times last year
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar

Check out Kentucky

Kentucky with a population of about 4.2 million people shows 2.2 million background checks for firearms purchase in 2009. In 2008, 1.9 million background checks for firearms came from Kentucky.

Kentucky's purchases are twice the next state, Texas. Texas has a population of 25 million people.

Remind me to say sir and mam when in Kentucky.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/Sta..._1998-2009.pdf
    Last edited by tiwee; January 15th, 2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: added link

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    Kentucky with a population of about 4.2 million people shows 2.2 million background checks for firearms purchase in 2009. In 2008, 1.9 million background checks for firearms came from Kentucky.

Kentucky's purchases are twice the next state, Texas. Texas has a population of 25 million people.

Remind me to say sir and mam when in Kentucky.
    No kidding!...What's up with Kentucky? The last three years they have a LOT of sales!....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links