Ugly:Road Rage, Tacoma 2 year old shot

This is a discussion on Ugly:Road Rage, Tacoma 2 year old shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2-year-old shot in Tacoma road rage incident | KREM 2 News | KREM.com | When it Matters Most | Northwest News 2-year-old shot in Tacoma ...

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar

2-year-old shot in Tacoma road rage incident | KREM 2 News | KREM.com | When it Matters Most | Northwest News

2-year-old shot in Tacoma road rage incident

by TRICIA MANNING-SMIWTH / KING 5 News

TACOMA, Wash. A 2-year-old child was shot Sunday afternoon in what police are saying was a road rage incident.

Police say the incident occurred at about 2 p.m. on E. 56th St.

Police say the girl was riding with her parents when her parents believed another driver cut them off. Her father reportedly retaliated, and cut off the other vehicle.

"Then the second driver fired a handgun into the vehicle, striking a 2-year-old, who was sitting in a car seat in the back seat of that vehicle," said Mark Fulghum of the Tacoma Police Dept.

Police say the second driver took off.

The family drove away and got into a fender-bender.

The Tacoma Fire Department confirmed that they responded to the scene and transported the injured girl to the hospital, where she is recovering.

"All we have is a vague description of the driver of the vehicle described as a Pacific Islander, male, possibly Samaoan, and driving a black Ford Explorer, brown trimmed," said Fulghum.

No information on the license plate is available.

All of this happened on what police say was the little girl's second birthday.
    Road rage is always ugly.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Thats real sad on her secound birthday she got shot.

Hope they catch this guy and get mad at the parents, 2 wrongs dont make it right.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Hope they catch this guy and get mad at the parents, 2 wrongs dont make it right.
    Exactly. Escalation of any road rage incident can only lead to trouble. I know, have been involved in a road rage incident where it could have totally gotten out of hand. Luckily cooler heads prevailed and we all went home alive and uninjured.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Having a dispute with one's vehicle is always a losing gamble...back off and let it go.
    The road rage shooter needs a long vacation where the only road well-traveled goes to Buba's cell...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I hope the father feels like the world's largest @$$hole for years to come. One stupid action because of his temper, and his little girl gets shot. He's lucky she's alive.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

My hopeand prayers are with the two year old. The shooter needs to not breath anymore and Daddy needs a LOT of anger management AND defensive driving training.......not OFFENSIVE
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Stupid.

The father exposed his FAMILY to very real danger for what? Because someone cut him off on the road.
    Big woop!

Even if the other guy didn't have a gun...He's got a 2K+ lb. WEAPON with at least 150 HP of collision capability. Duh!!!
    What the heck is wrong with people.

No doubt this will be blamed on guns.
    When the real problem is with people not being able to use their better never mind best judgment.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

This happened to me when I first got my truck (First car too, 97 F150 ext cab)

I live in a part of texas (basically at the peak where there are a lot of mexican drivers who dont follow road procedures)

I was on the right hand turning lane, there was a 4 door sedan (about a 84 Grand Marquise) infront of me, with the left blinker on, me being in a rush and in a lifted truck got off the road to turn so I could get to where I was going. (Home)

They followed me for several miles wanting to get me off the truck. They tried to act as if they would throw their car at mine and I didnt want to escalate it. One on throw they got close (about a foot) and I threw my pickup back at them, they almost went off the road and kept getting close. I called a buddy who I told I might be going down his street to make sure he has a rifle ready incase something happens. (Safer then sorry) All in all, I didnt go to his house and drove home they threw a bottle at my truck and I kept driving that was it.

Thats the day I realized I needed to start carrying a knife again, I dont want to have to use it but I would rather be prepared then dead. (4 to 1)

We recently had a road rage beating over here in Northern PA. The actor started bumping the victims in the rear while driving forcing the victim to go off the road. Then the actor got out of his vehicle and proceeded to beat the victim unconcious with a tire iron in front of his petrified wife. Had the victim been armed it would have been a "shots fired call with injury rush the bus".
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    This happened to me when I first got my truck (First car too, 97 F150 ext cab)

I live in a part of texas (basically at the peak where there are a lot of mexican drivers who dont follow road procedures)

I was on the right hand turning lane, there was a 4 door sedan (about a 84 Grand Marquise) infront of me, with the left blinker on, me being in a rush and in a lifted truck got off the road to turn so I could get to where I was going. (Home)

They followed me for several miles wanting to get me off the truck. They tried to act as if they would throw their car at mine and I didnt want to escalate it. One on throw they got close (about a foot) and I threw my pickup back at them, they almost went off the road and kept getting close. I called a buddy who I told I might be going down his street to make sure he has a rifle ready incase something happens. (Safer then sorry) All in all, I didnt go to his house and drove home they threw a bottle at my truck and I kept driving that was it.

Thats the day I realized I needed to start carrying a knife again, I dont want to have to use it but I would rather be prepared then dead. (4 to 1)
    I hate to say it, but if you can call your buddy you can call 911 and report the incident so DPS Or Sheriffs can intercept,As far as carrying a knife you better hope you ain't bringing it to a gunfight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I hate to say it, but if you can call your buddy you can call 911 and report the incident so DPS Or Sheriffs can intercept,As far as carrying a knife you better hope you ain't bringing it to a gunfight
    I thought of that as well just didnt think at the time (first car, I was about 18) I have learned to avoid situations that go south quickly now. Still learning and trying to stay prepaired.

Side note: I printed this article for a lady yesterday (1-18-10) who teaches a driving class to people who get tickets and take the class instead of paying the fine. She was telling me she shows stories to her class to show the potential hazard or being reckless on the road. Gave her the website as well because she wants to learn a bit about personal safety for her kids and her.

Hope it helps.

Yep, two idiot drivers played the stupid road rage game. Result: A little girl was shot. If one driver refuses to play the road rage game there is no road rage incident.

Links