TSA

This is a discussion on TSA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Transportation Security Administration has confiscated 123,000 items in the first 9 months of 2009 from just the 3 main airports that serve New York City. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSA

TSA

Transportation Security Administration has confiscated 123,000 items in the first 9 months of 2009 from just the 3 main airports that serve New York City. Despite repeated warnings from the TSA, thousands of airline passengers still are attempting to board with prohibited carry-on items. Included in the confiscated items were 43 explosive items such as fire crackers, butane devices and a gassed-up chain saw. Also confiscated were 1,600 knives, several fire extinguishers, a 10-point deer antler, a tree branch, Karate nun chucks, a B-B-Q grill, a live baby alligator, and would you believe-even a kitchen sink. By far the most bizarre items the TSA confiscated were only described as, "unwashed adult toys." Nutz sez, "But they can't find explosive underwear!"

2. Remove Ads

Well, I think we should all fear the baby alligators. They can bite, and have sharp teeth!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    And exactly what danger is a 10 point deer antler?

Unwashed adult toys? You suppose they had a regulation that allowed washed adult toys? I wonder how keeping that off protected the plane from terrorism. Never mind, the answer can't be posted here but would be a good line for the feuding late night hosts.

Can't tell if I'm more amazed by TSAs choices in designating items contraband, or by the stuff folks try to bring on board.

This tells me nothing. 1600 knives? They can re-define nail clippers as a knife.
    A kitchen sink is a banned item? Why? I can see where the airline might have a problem, but not the TSA.
    I once had a 4" long allen wrench, maybe 1.5mm. confiscated as a "tool".
    The chain saw might raise an eyebrow........I'll give you that one.

But......I heard today that the CIA,FBI had intel in November that a person named Umar Farouk (part of name) was planning on using an airliner to detonate a bomb. Add to that that he bought a one way ticket, had no checked bags for an international flight, paid cash, and had been in Yemen. Still, he was able to board the plane.
    Meanwhile, Janet Napolitano is worried about the "Tea Party" protesters.

Face it. There is no security.

I can't wait till the screening agents get firearms. Some of these people certainly do not belong carrying shields to begin with.
    One more step and it's on!

I've never heard of anybody getting attacked with an adult toy,I can see it now,I'm taking over this plane anybody comes near me and I'll turn this on bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,I warned ya
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

LOL ^--thats funny man.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

"Step over here sir".

"Now drop your pants and drawers"

"Oh My God! We have skidmarks! Send explosive team immediately!!"

Quote Originally Posted by quantum36 View Post
    "Step over here sir".

Oh my gosh... thread is going south real quick...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by quantum36 View Post
    "Step over here sir".

Pants on the ground
    Pants on the ground
    Lookin' like a fool with skidmarks on the ground
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I've never heard of anybody getting attacked with an adult toy,I can see it now,I'm taking over this plane anybody comes near me and I'll turn this on bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,I warned ya
    I don't know about that^^^^^^^^^

attacked with an adult toy

I think it would depend on what it is and where its put,
    I'm just sayin, , ,

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I used to work at an airport fire station when we kept an engine company there, and a bag was pulled once because it was making a suspicious noise. It turned out to be an activated personal pleasure device.

I swear by all my credibility on the internet that it's true.

They also confiscated one Makarov pistol when I was there, obviously communist influence. One passenger was almost admitted to the plane carrying a S&W revolver. Something about them confusing him with a LEO, perhaps a paperwork mistake? He didn't get into trouble, but I never did find out the story. The guy with the Mak did.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    This is funny, I thought I heard it all now. You've got to love this stuff.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Pants on the ground
    Pants on the ground
    Lookin' like a fool with skidmarks on the ground
    Gotta turn around
    Gotta turn around
    Can't look like a fool with skidmarks on the ground...
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Transportation Security Administration has confiscated 123,000 items in the first 9 months of 2009 from just the 3 main airports that serve New York City. Despite repeated warnings from the TSA, thousands of airline passengers still are attempting to board with prohibited carry-on items. Included in the confiscated items were 43 explosive items such as fire crackers, butane devices and a gassed-up chain saw. Also confiscated were 1,600 knives, several fire extinguishers, a 10-point deer antler, a tree branch, Karate nun chucks, a B-B-Q grill, a live baby alligator, and would you believe-even a kitchen sink. By far the most bizarre items the TSA confiscated were only described as, "unwashed adult toys." Nutz sez, "But they can't find explosive underwear!"
    Outlaw alligators.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links