Down the street from my brother

This is a discussion on Down the street from my brother within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A scorned husband is suspected of shooting his wife and a wheelchair-bound man at a Pasco home Tuesday in what police are calling a love ...

Thread: Down the street from my brother

Down the street from my brother

A scorned husband is suspected of shooting his wife and a wheelchair-bound man at a Pasco home Tuesday in what police are calling a love triangle gone awry.

Pasco police responded at 12:45 p.m. to a report of shots being fired at a home at 2315 E. Alvina St., said Capt. Jim Raymond.

Multiple patrol units were nearby and quickly arrived at Freddie Nunez's house, finding Nunez, 34, and Isabelle Pina, 20, with gunshot wounds, Raymond said.

Pina's husband, Saul Guzman, 22, was arrested about two blocks away when officers spotted and stopped his white van. Raymond said he allegedly shot the two because he suspected they were lovers.

Guzman was booked into the Franklin County jail on suspicion of assault.

An infant and two young girls who reportedly are Pina's children also were at Nunez's home, but were not injured.

It was not immediately known how many shots were fired, but Raymond said Pina and Nunez did not appear to have life-threatening injuries.

Both were taken to Lourdes Medical Center in Pasco. Their conditions were not immediately available.

This is not the first time Nunez has been shot. In 1995, he was shot twice in the back by a friend who apparently was trying to recover drug money.

Nunez was left paralyzed from the waist down, and the shooter, who claimed self-defense, was acquitted.

On Tuesday, officers spent most of the afternoon collecting evidence in the city's first shooting of the year.

Yellow crime scene tape was strung around Nunez's home, while neighbors stood outside their homes and on street corners wondering what happened.

One neighbor said she was inside her house putting her kids down for a nap when she heard sirens outside. She was shocked when she realized the cop cars had stopped at the house right around the corner.
    Man held in shooting of wife, other man in Pasco | Northwest News - The News Tribune | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination

He got his permit a while ago, but is still shy about carrying sometimes. Talking to him lately I think this was a kick in the pants to get a move on.

2. Remove Ads

Pina's husband, Saul Guzman, 22, was arrested about two blocks away when officers spotted and stopped his white van. Raymond said he allegedly shot the two because he suspected they were lovers
    Ok....not a reason, but when passion ignites the perpetrator bad things happen.

This is not the first time Nunez has been shot. In 1995, he was shot twice in the back by a friend who apparently was trying to recover drug money.

Nunez was left paralyzed from the waist down, and the shooter, who claimed self-defense, was acquitted.
    Now it really gets weird. The guy gets shot previously, then he's paralyzed WAIST down and is this chick's lover? Opening up a can of worms here but WHAT kind of lover?? This is just bad all the way around.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I think it was more a case of paranoid husband syndrome than anything really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Now it really gets weird. The guy gets shot previously, then he's paralyzed WAIST down and is this chick's lover? Opening up a can of worms here but WHAT kind of lover?? This is just bad all the way around.

We don't have enough information. One possibility is that we are just talking about a paranoid ex; maybe the woman wants an impotent man for his "verbal skills" or maybe he's one of the lucky few paraplegics whose brains have managed to reroute sensation through the vegal nerve system.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

If that's not a kick in the pants to get your permit I don't know what is. I've had my permit for about a year now and I live close to Pasco. I didn't carry too much until there was a triple homicide a couple weeks before Christmas in the town I work at (about an hour away). After that I made the decision to carry everywhere possible. A story like this just reaffirms my position that people need to carry weapons. I took a lot of crap from my brother in law, who is from California, at the beginning of the year for carrying because he thought it wasn't really necessary. He thought that if it came down to it I wouldn't actually shoot somebody if they entered my home or in other circumstances. I told him that I didn't feel the need to carry until I had my first kid. Now with another one due in a few weeks I need to make sure I have every chance of protecting them as well as myself. After the triple homicide, a burglary of a close friend of mine and a slew of other burglaries and gang shootings in the same area I decided that I would carry with me in every situation, even if it was only to dinner with my wife's family. Needless to say after the week was over he was calling me about recommendations on handguns. I hope every day when I put my gun in my holster that I'm not going to have to use it, but I'm going to make sure that if I ever need it it will be there.

Alex

Links