Very Strange: Dairy farmer kills 51 cows, takes own life - Page 2

Very Strange: Dairy farmer kills 51 cows, takes own life

This is a discussion on Very Strange: Dairy farmer kills 51 cows, takes own life within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Guns and more Udderly amazing. great! Seriously, I actually feel bad for the cows. I mean really, what the hell could they ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Strange: Dairy farmer kills 51 cows, takes own life

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Udderly amazing.
    great!

Seriously, I actually feel bad for the cows. I mean really, what the hell could they have done?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

A suicide is a tragedy. I'm glad that he didn't try to kill any family members or law enforcement, like a suicidal and despondent person can sometimes do. But he did take out what was most important to him, his livestock.

He killed the cows to keep the family from selling them,, And there for making any money,, from them thereby hurting the family more,, Barbque not likely these were milk cows,, not, herfords, or angus,, mmm tastey

Senior Moderator
    Its really pretty common for people that want to commit suicide kill to their animals before they kill themselves.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I dairy farmed for 30 years, sold out in 2002. With the prices that the farmers get, no relation to what you pay in the store, I don't find this at all surprising, the only reason it made the papers is that he shot the cows. There are "many" farmer suicides everyyear.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

I really hate it when the press "milks" these tragedies.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Moo~der Suicide.
    Womp womp womp!!! Gonna have to call out the sand man on that one Shooter!!!!

I agree with Dukalmighty. It might turn out that he had a lien on his property, and he decided to take the assets with him, and leave the lienholder with nothing.

If I see an update later or tomorrow, I will post it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    The small dairy operations around here are mostly down to man and wife. The kids have long gone on to different pursuits. Every morning and every evening every day of every week of every year, someone has to milk. That grind would be enough to drive most around the bend. I don't know how they do it as long as they do.

His favorite cow was cheating on him.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

The Ag community has really taken a loss this year.
    and the dairy farmer has taken the largest part of it,
    The poor fella most likely loss all his equity on his farm,home and cows just in the last 10 months alone.
    I would just guess that the guy just found out his bank is no longer going to finance dairy operations,as is the case around here.

You think groceries are expensive now wait till you have to buy them all from another country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad situation all the way around.

Really not something to make jokes about.

Very unfortunant

This has a distinct feeling in it to me that a farmer was loosing his land/lively hood and couldn't stand to see it go. We don't know that for sure and the article just lists personal issues, but that is the feeling I get. Would be a sad day for anyone involved closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    The Ag community has really taken a loss this year.
    and the dairy farmer has taken the largest part of it,
    The poor fella most likely loss all his equity on his farm,home and cows just in the last 10 months alone.
    I would just guess that the guy just found out his bank is no longer going to finance dairy operations,as is the case around here.

You think groceries are expensive now wait till you have to buy them all from another country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad situation all the way around.

Really not something to make jokes about.
    seriously. some farmer commits suicide, for whatever reason, and all some of you can do is make cow jokes. he shot some cows before he did it.

i've grown accustomed to some of the callousness i read here (apparently, shooting people in the back is cool), and in some cases, i'm fine with it. i feel no sympathy for a rapist who gets shot in the scrotum, and i find it funny when a would be carjacker gets hit by a truck. i don't think joking about someone's suicide is funny, especially if he didn't hurt anyone else in the process.

Iknow that the dairy farmers here in NYS have been having a bad few years with more & more farmers closing down their dairy farms, Because of high milk cost's & low milk prices being given to the farmers, It is not worth it to keep, the farms in operation going, but to destroy your live stock & cap your self is even worse, I feel bad for his family etc.Maby Willie Nelson will come up to NYS & do a farm concet like he has done a few year's ago to bail out the farmers in the Northeast area's.

Sad and bazaar. He had to be in a very bad way emotionally. That is messed up and wish he could have gotten help before this thing went so far south.

I understand they were dairy cows and not raised for beef, but with so many hungry people even in the US, could they not have been processed for food shelters or something? Seems like something positive could have come out of a tragic incident. I'm just shaking my head at the whole story.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links