"When I gave him the money, he shot me."

This is a discussion on "When I gave him the money, he shot me." within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One other point we can take from these types of videos: Don't work at a convenience store! Are they crime magnets or is it because ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "When I gave him the money, he shot me."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    One other point we can take from these types of videos:

Don't work at a convenience store! Are they crime magnets or is it because so many have video that it seems that way?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Soular View Post
    I can only pray for the following:
    Action beats reaction
    My training is better than the BG's
    It is not my time
    When the S is H'ing TF, I have found that here is precious little time allowed, even for these. In the few times that violent attackers have come after me (years ago, before my carrying days), the sheer speed an ferocity of each attack was quick enough to take my breath away. I'm still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I would add just one other condition to your short list...

Desire, will and mental tenacity to do what ever so as to survive.
    And that's why I am still here, I believe. Because of digging deep and finding these things to strengthen and sharpen my response.

In one case, a three-on-one beating was stopped instantly, because of it. They were stunned and didn't want any more of it. They left, after that. The other couple of times were ugly and took far longer, but the intensity and drive came from the same, deep well of strength within. And I prevailed in those, though injured badly.

When STHF, I have found that digging deep to the point where desire, will and focus exist made the difference between being here and succumbing to the attacks. The physical response to a violent attack that comes from there can be difficult to stop.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Get On Your Knees

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Concur with all posts above. The trick (for the gentle reader who is not yet commited to this philosophy), is that this must be pre-decided. Once the BG produces a gun, it's on. 'Gun in face' is not the time to be wondering whether you're gonna shoot him or not.
    Agreed! Why bother to carry if you haven't reached that decision. Granted it might be real iffy when facing a drawn gun but getting on your knees is rarely ever going to turn out favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ...the sheer speed an ferocity of each attack was quick enough to take my breath away...
    Another great reason why I pray regularly, so as to be prepared for just such an occurrence!
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

Just remember Massad Ayoob's "Dead man's ten seconds."

You have to be driven to end the threat, period. If that means you go down with the bad guy, fine. At least your loved ones or another innocent victim might avoid a confrontation in the future because of your actions. Even if you are struck in the heart, there is still enough residual oxygen in your brain and muscle tissue to continue functioning for ten to fifteen seconds. They shot you? So what, the game's not over for at least ten seconds which is forever in one of these situations (not counting CNS shots of course). Don't be the FBI agent who took a .22LR in the arm, went into shock, laid down and died (before "game over" that is).

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Speaking very frankly and honestly and as without bravado nor internet toughguyism (I just made that term up)...As from all these years reading and reviewing probably now a thousand or more stories and cases such as this per first person reports from victims, I am of the mindset and very personal decision to quite simply shoot. And continue firing until the threat is stopped.

Honestly.

This specific case is just the umpteenth time a news item has come out of a BG taking a GGs stuff and when there is no reason at all to do so, the BG decides to harm the GG and/or his family anyway.
    Same with the BGs who decide to move/remove persons to secluded areas for being able to better control the victim(s) and allow more time to do what ever in the world they might wish to do.

To my mind, I figure this scenario is no different than that of a knife fight...Where it's wise to figure on being cut.
    Here it is wise to figure on being shot, regardless of what you do. :|

So with that I am also of the mind I have nothing to lose but my life.
    I am going to draw and shoot.

Either the threat will be stopped, or I will be stopped.
    Betting on chance and hope that the BG chooses to just take my money and leave me be is to my own view and analysis a suckers bet.

Very unfortunate and sad for this father and provider to suffer, and his son to see him as such laid up in bed weeping.

- Janq
    +1 Janq. A big +1. I reached that decision about two years ago. Now, I talk big and talk is cheap. However, it is my hope (and my training) to draw and shoot. Draw and shoot. The thought of my wife being raped or strangled or me shot while on my knees is too much. It's a bad world out there and it seems the teens are the worst. Very little sense and mercy. Lots of regrets later. Thanks. That helps.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links