"When I gave him the money, he shot me."

This is a discussion on "When I gave him the money, he shot me." within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube - ARMED ROBBERY SHOT IN FRONT OF SON...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Speaking very frankly and honestly and as without bravado nor internet toughguyism (I just made that term up)...As from all these years reading and reviewing probably now a thousand or more stories and cases such as this per first person reports from victims, I am of the mindset and very personal decision to quite simply shoot. And continue firing until the threat is stopped.

Honestly.

This specific case is just the umpteenth time a news item has come out of a BG taking a GGs stuff and when there is no reason at all to do so, the BG decides to harm the GG and/or his family anyway.
    Same with the BGs who decide to move/remove persons to secluded areas for being able to better control the victim(s) and allow more time to do what ever in the world they might wish to do.

To my mind, I figure this scenario is no different than that of a knife fight...Where it's wise to figure on being cut.
    Here it is wise to figure on being shot, regardless of what you do. :|

So with that I am also of the mind I have nothing to lose but my life.
    I am going to draw and shoot.

Either the threat will be stopped, or I will be stopped.
    Betting on chance and hope that the BG chooses to just take my money and leave me be is to my own view and analysis a suckers bet.

Very unfortunate and sad for this father and provider to suffer, and his son to see him as such laid up in bed weeping.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

"... says the gunman opened fire for no reason ..."
    Surprise, surprise. Welcome to the real world.

The gunman then ordered [them] to kneel on the floor.
    Good opportunity to shield the reaching for one's concealed firearm and to take him down. Very possibly, as this video nearly shows, it might be one's last opportunity for anything in this life.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I am of the mindset and very personal decision to quite simply shoot. And continue firing until the threat is stopped.

Honestly.
    I have been, as well, for many years now. When the opportunity presents itself, it has to be taken. If anyone questions "why?" then one need only study a few stories and videos such as this. I will not go out without fighting very hard to survive.

Kudos to the citizen for surviving his ordeal. It could very easily have ended differently.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yeah 9mm...I've decided that as for me either me or Deebo (BG), is not going to go home. Period.

Like this gentleman, you know how much a hospital stay these days costs?!
    How much a replacement knee runs and the rehab time associated to that?!

Further my family needs me at home and at work, being a dad and working.
    Being permanently disabled such as this man will be upon hospital release and by that unable to run around and play with my kids or give them piggy back rides or even simply climb stairs without aid...Not if I have any thing what so ever to say about that.

Items such as this occurring to citizens really stirs my pot as on a personal level.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Excellent point of view as always Janq. I agree 100%, push come to shove, Mr. Bad Guy is going to loose or I will die shooting. I have no use for thieves.

Sounds like you are the kind of father, husband, friend we would be proud to know, taking no chances with your life in the hands of some unkown armed person.

It has come thus far in our society that we do have to resort to shooting the Bad Guy who pulls a firearm. The value they place on other life is basically zero. They could just rob and go, but they need a further thrill and then injure or kill.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Remember - The BG has ALREADY proven themselves UNTRUSTWORTHY or they wouldn't be committing the crime in the first place. YOU CANNOT TRUST THEM!!!

Maybe 30 \ 40 years ago you could most likely just give them your money, keys or whatever and they leave you without physical harm but NOT TODAY.

Just keep up with the news and what I say proves itself.
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    'Concur with all posts above. The trick (for the gentle reader who is not yet commited to this philosophy), is that this must be pre-decided. Once the BG produces a gun, it's on. 'Gun in face' is not the time to be wondering whether you're gonna shoot him or not.

I concur. Everyone should've made that decision when they decided to carry.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

This has become my point of view over the years that I have read countless events of dirtbags shooting AFTER getting what they wanted.
    I will not be a helpless victim begging for the dirtbag not to shoot, and at the earliest opportunity I will react quickly and violently to end the threat.
    I hope to survive, I may not, but either way the 'buck will stop with me'...I may well be offering a permanent retirement plan to the thug who chooses me for his next victim.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? .... do people think that BG's need a REASON to shoot. Most don't shoot because they "have a reason". Ignorance.

I remember a few cases where the BG was asked "why? " , and their answer.... "I wanted to see what it was like to kill someone", " I wanted to watch them die" . Get it folks, they are people out there who are not "normal " nor need a reason. Amazes me how the sheep think there is some "logic" to some kilers minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    To my mind, I figure this scenario is no different than that of a knife fight...Where it's wise to figure on being cut.
    - Janq
    I have reached this same point.

I can only pray for the following:
    Action beats reaction
    My training is better than the BG's
    It is not my time
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

It's only logical that the BG shoots his victim so he doesn't have to worry about a witness.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    As stated here, I made up my mind long ago in the military, I'm going to go out fighting if it means throwing a freakin phone at the BG as a last resort to distract them to get to them.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

The time to make that decision is before you decide to carry (or not)...not when faced with the reality of a situation. Training and instinct should take over at that point based on your initial decision. Decisiveness can mean the difference between life and death.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Soular View Post
    I can only pray for the following:
    Action beats reaction
    My training is better than the BG's
    It is not my time
    Agreed, although I would add just one other condition to your short list...

Desire, will and mental tenacity to do what ever so as to survive.

All manner of real world tales of adversity and amazing conditional happening have and do occur to people as against BGs, animals and situational conditions such as that dude in Haiti who was found alive after being trapped alone in rubble among rotting corpses for 11 days with no food, water, shelter from exposure and no company as for mental health. That guy endured and did what he had to do as equipped with nothing else but his mind. His spirit. And he survived.

That to my view and experience overcomes all.

If you have mental tenacity then well you already have half the game won even if it you are down by three touchdowns with less than 4 minutes of time left on the clock...And the other team has already figured you beaten. You quite simply say to yourself; Two tears in a bucket...Well this is a family rated forum and anyway you guys know the rest.

The other three items I would definitely not discount nor leave on the store shelf as an option.
    But folk require mental tenacity so as to recognize and take advantage of the first two. While the last item on your list comes down to prayer and hope that The Devil blinks before you do.

As based on my own past experiences I have had this tenacity and I hope as well as pray that if/when my turn comes, as into the future, that I retain same tenacious desire to survive without regard toward the odds for failure.
    If not though, well then it was my time...But nobody will be able to say I did not try.

- Janq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links