Brothers argue over bathroom,1 dead

This is a discussion on Brothers argue over bathroom,1 dead within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An argument between two brothers over who was going to use the bathroom ended in tragedy for a family living outside Mission. Hidalgo County Sheriff’s ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brothers argue over bathroom,1 dead

An argument between two brothers over who was going to use the bathroom ended in tragedy for a family living outside Mission.

Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office deputies told Action 4 News that 22-year-old Jeremiah Hooper died from a gunshot wound he received during the argument.

Investigators said deputies were called out to the Mission Hospital regarding a man with a gunshot wound to neck.

Family members told deputies that Hooper and his brother were arguing about who was going to use the bathroom at the family’s Inspiration Road home around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The two were allegedly separated but family members told investigators that they heard a gunshot minutes later.

Hooper ran out of the house where he was taken to the hospital by his mother and the brother who allegedly shot him.

The 22-year-old Mission man was taken into surgery but died from his injury.

Deputies said Hooper's death is considered a murder case and marks the first one of the year for the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office.

Action 4 News will post more information as it becomes available.
    There were 2 girls and 2 boys in my family growing up,even tho sometimes we needed to use the bathroom really bad,we never resorted to any physical violence or even considered it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Another gun involved case with clear indication of mental and emotional instability.

In this event _both_ brothers suffered from this, and likely the parents along with the rest of the family too as by environment.
    Apples do not tend to fall but inches rather than yards from trees.

This is a personal decision making and family mental health problem, not a fault of a gun or having one among the home.
    But unfortunately this too will be tallied by the CDC and the Brady Campaign as...

1) A killing by gun
    2) A wounding by gun as within a household
    3) Domestic violence/assault/abuse as by gun
    4) Criminal use of a gun (murder charge)

So that this year and next as the anti's tout guns kill people and people with guns kill people they will reference either and both database so as to promote their agenda, and this specific case will help support and boost their position 2, 3 and 4 times over.

I'd bet if either brother or this entire family had been asked a year ago their stance on guns and gun control they would crow to the highest heavens about RKBA and what not.

Thanks fer nuthin, Hoopers!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Thats sad man, I have a friend who lives on Inspiration. Sensless shootings in the Valley.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

VIP Member
    re: Janq: "Apples do not tend to fall but inches rather than yards from trees."
    My dad's favorite expression, except he said it in Yiddish not English.

His other favorite, "the way they are at 7 is the way they are at 70." Its poetic and sounds profound in Yiddish.

Yes, that must be quite a dysfunctional family with mental health issues across the board. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There were 2 girls and 2 boys in my family growing up,even tho sometimes we needed to use the bathroom really bad,we never resorted to any physical violence or even considered it
    too bad they both didn't finish each other off...sounds like that gene pool needs a good cleansing...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Happens all the time. I have worked with two different guys at two different jobs that quit carrying a knife because they had cut thier brother.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Wonder how they would have handled a "toilet paper" issue - probably the same way.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I've never heard of a 'poop shoot' before...

On a more serious note...idiots!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

Well, I just got back from the john and I had to race my wife. Thankfully she isnt the violent type.

I don't have this problem at my house. I lay enough cheek-to-nose artillery fire before I go that family members are begging me to use it first!

He must have been really pissed.

Willing to murder, over who'll take a pee at 3. Doesn't surprise me.

Still, I suppose it's worth their having reduced the risk to others by 50%. If they were prepared to commit murder for so little, it's entirely likely they'd consider something so stupid in the future against others. We're safer now, with one of them out of the picture. That's about the only good to come of this.

Quote Originally Posted by r0rtiz View Post
    Well, I just got back from the john and I had to race my wife. Thankfully she isnt the violent type.
    Oooh, now that's playin' with fire, bub. Careful.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    Ancient Chinese Proverb

Much better to go pee outside than to murder your Brother or you use prison toilet for rest of your life.

Several years ago I watched an interview with a guy who killed his brother for eating his pork chop.

I knew a man who killed his twin brother in a boxing match.

It was a accident but all his life he struggled with the after effects of the tragedy.

Poor parenting and little or no supervision in childhood can lead to these kind of events in this thread.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links