GOOD: Homeowner 1, invader 0

This is a discussion on GOOD: Homeowner 1, invader 0 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; PHOENIX, AZ -- Police say a man has died after he was shot while trying to rob a Phoenix homeowner Wednesday afternoon. Phoenix Police Sgt. ...

Thread: GOOD: Homeowner 1, invader 0

GOOD: Homeowner 1, invader 0

PHOENIX, AZ -- Police say a man has died after he was shot while trying to rob a Phoenix homeowner Wednesday afternoon.

Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said the suspect was seen breaking into a coin operated car wash machine near Tatum Boulevard and Union Hills Drive around 12:30 p.m.

A witness apparently followed the suspect and called police. At one point, the suspect reportedly struck a stop sign, damaging his vehicle.

Thompson said the suspect parked his Jeep Cherokee in the parking lot of Foothills Elementary School near Grovers Avenue and 44th Street and ran into the neighborhood, according to witnesses.

Officers arrived on the scene and as they set up a perimeter and began searching the neighborhood they heard a 'pop.'

Police then received a call that a homeowner had shot an armed intruder, Thompson said.

According to Thompson, the 59-year-old homeowner told police the suspect tried to rob him at gunpoint and at some point he was able to get a shotgun and shoot the intruder.

The injured suspect was taken to a local hospital where he died of his injuries, Thompson said.

There is no word yet if the homeowner will be charged in the shooting. He was not injured, according to police.

The shooting and robberies are under investigation.
    PD: Robbery suspect shot by Phoenix homeowner dies - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

2. Remove Ads

It came out just the way it should have came out!!!

Good for the home owner, he saved the tax payers some funds and cleared up potential new cases before they happened.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I hope the homeowner doesn't incur any legal fee's

That's one BG that will not go on to commit more crimes. It should never be a healthy occupation to invade someones home.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Congrats to the GG. Hopefully it will turn out to be like what seems, self-defense.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    It came out just the way it should have came out!!!

Good for the home owner, he saved the tax payers some funds and cleared up potential new cases before they happened.
    i was thinking along the same lines... justice was served
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I think the City should have a "Victim Clean Up Fund" for Homeowner victims like this.
    After all, they saved the City a lot of money in legal fees and Felon Housing.
    It seems only fair the City should pick up the bill for having Blackmon-Mooring come clean up the messy carpet.

Good for him, boy shotguns are sure getting to be the Weapon of Choice of the GG's.

Thinking of ramping up my old Mossburg.

always good news to read about

"There is no word yet if the homeowner will be charged in the shooting."
    Lines like that in news stories like this leave me shaking my head in disgust. They have editors don't they? Someone ought to know that in that particular jurisdiction under those circumstances it is unlikely in the extreme that the homeowner will face any charges. In fact, he would be unlikely to face charges outside of a few select locations where possession of firearms is generally illegal.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    Lines like that in news stories like this leave me shaking my head in disgust. They have editors don't they? Someone ought to know that in that particular jurisdiction under those circumstances it is unlikely in the extreme that the homeowner will face any charges. In fact, he would be unlikely to face charges outside of a few select locations where possession of firearms is generally illegal.

Ryan
    They're just fanning the flames as they always have. If they put the thought in the readers mind just maybe some will call upon the DA to do so.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by oaklands View Post
    congrats to the gg. Hopefully it will turn out to be like what seems, self-defense.
    +1
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Another dirtbag gets instant justice...no problem with that.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post

Ryan
    Rottkeeper - It's still B.S. I hate seeing those words also, you make a good shoot and you still have to worry irregardless if you are in the right or not, it still has to go through the process which is pure B.S.. It should be, there will be no charges because the law on the books says the homeowner was on his property or legally right to defend himself in this situation. You never here those words. Crappy media.

BTW - Good for the Homeowner. Thought I better throw that in there while I was thinking of it. :)
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Links