Goes To Show, You Never Know Who The Bad 'Guy" Is

This is a discussion on Goes To Show, You Never Know Who The Bad 'Guy" Is within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woman shot and killed; 70-year-old being questioned January 29th, 2010 @ 6:35pm SALT LAKE COUNTY -- A 34-year-old woman was shot and killed killed Friday ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goes To Show, You Never Know Who The Bad 'Guy" Is

Goes To Show, You Never Know Who The Bad 'Guy" Is

Woman shot and killed; 70-year-old being questioned
    January 29th, 2010 @ 6:35pm

SALT LAKE COUNTY -- A 34-year-old woman was shot and killed killed Friday afternoon at a Head Start in the Salt Lake Valley.

Shortly after the shooting, a 70-year-old woman called police to say she had shot the woman.

Right now, it appears that the shooting could be random. Police can't find any connection between the suspect and the victim.

Just before 3 p.m., police say a training class inside the Head Start school near 300 East and 3900 South ended, and the 34-year-old woman exited through a back door just a little ahead of all the other teachers.

Once the woman got into her car, the suspect approached her, pulled out a .38-caliber revolver and shot several times. She then called police.

"We actually received a call from a woman who identified herself as the suspect, somebody [who] had just shot a woman. And wen questioned as to why she shot the woman, she said, 'I don't know, and that's all I'm going to say,'" said Unified police Lt. Don Hutson.

Unified police say the victim was shot at least twice. She was rushed to the hospital but died on the way.

When officers arrived at the school, they found the suspect still on scene. She is, however, refusing to talk to them.

Police say she had a handgun and enough ammunition to reload on the victim. She is a concealed weapons permit holder and either received or renewed her permit three months ago.

The suspect is now being booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on homicide charges. Police say while she isn't talking to anyone, she does appear to be lucid and not impaired in any way.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

2. Remove Ads

wow. That is possibly one of the most disturbing news reports I have seen in a while.

That shooting is going to set the 'profile unit' on its end...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sumpin tells me theres bad blood between the old lady and the victim,could be her dog took a dump in her yard one too many times,either that or lifes getting tough and the old ladies looking for 3 hots and a cot and free medical
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I don't buy it. I have seen enough downright false news stories (that are later redacted) that come out too quickly and make the wrong judgment.

They obviously don't have a statement from the young woman. There is nothing detailing the events leading up to the shooting. The old lady is being smart and not mouthing off without a lawyer.

We certainly haven't heard the whole story. I will reserve my judgment until more facts are presented and a court has the chance to evaluate them.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sumpin tells me theres bad blood between the old lady and the victim,could be her dog took a dump in her yard one too many times,either that or lifes getting tough and the old ladies looking for 3 hots and a cot and free medical
    You may be on to something there, it's been done many times and as the economy worsens it will happen more.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I believe there is a lot more info to come out about this shooting.

The shooter behaved after the shooting as so many on this forum has said they should, calling in the shooting, not talking to LEOs, lawyering up etc.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    I don't buy it. I have seen enough downright false news stories (that are later redacted) that come out too quickly and make the wrong judgment.

They obviously don't have a statement from the young woman. There is nothing detailing the events leading up to the shooting. The old lady is being smart and not mouthing off without a lawyer.

We certainly haven't heard the whole story. I will reserve my judgment until more facts are presented and a court has the chance to evaluate them.
    good thinking
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post

What we do know is, that a UT CFP holder opened up on a apparently unarmed person seated in their car. I don't see how "details leading up to the shooting" could change that fact.

It is early, and I'll be watching this case.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I believe there is a lot more info to come out about this shooting.

The shooter behaved after the shooting as so many on this forum has said they should, calling in the shooting, not talking to LEOs, lawyering up etc.
    There is a slight difference though, the forum speakers are referring to good defense shootings where this case is coming to us from a "I don't know why I shot her" and according to the report, self-defense doesn't seem to be the case she one was in her car and not moving when she was shot.

As Spec said, I'll await for judgment until all the facts come out though, something is not right here either between them or the old ladies mental capacity.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Maybe this old woman is tired of struggling to survive and now will live out her life in a govt run institution getting 3 meals aday?
    "Brains before Bullets"

From another report:
    Hutson says that the victim was getting off work when she met the suspect and that some "words were exchanged" before the shots were fired.
    Hutson says that the victim and the suspect do have some kind of relationship, but are not releasing specific details yet.
    And from another report:
    Police say Hanson shot at least five bullets. Nikitina was struck in the head, and her car rolled into a parked minivan. Hutson said police found five shell casings in the parking lot and five bullets in the pistol's cylinder, noting that Hanson had reloaded the gun.
    And from the comments on that article:
    I feel I need to put to rest some of the BS going on in here. My name is Brad and I dated Tawnya for 5 months, a couple years ago.
    She loved her children more than you can imagine.
    She married her now EX husband Dale and became a citizen. She loved America and enjoyed cooking.
    She wanted nothing more than to be a teacher here in America as she was in the Ukraine.
    She fought so hard to get custody of her children, which , as I was told, just recently she did just that (congrats to you Tawnya).
    The woman who came to her work and brutally murdered her was her EX MOTHER IN LAW !!!!!

I hope they investigate deeper into all of this...
    If true, that could add a lot to the story.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Conspiracy Theory!

Libs are paying CHL holders to kill people in order to make us look bad. In return their family will be taken care of financially for the rest of their lives. In these hard economic times people will do anything.

Explains all the shootings recently.

Probably not. But would you put it past the Brady Bunch?
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    EX MOTHER IN LAW !!!!!
    That would certainly indicate a cold blooded murder. Terrible!

Thanks for the research Hoss!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Rats in a cage.

We're seeing more and more of these "inexplicable" situations.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links