3 inmates shot during failed prison escape

This is a discussion on 3 inmates shot during failed prison escape within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And for those not familiar with him, Mr Quintero had been arrested, served time and was deported before sneaking back into the U.S. and re ...

View Poll Results: Is using deadly force reasonable to stop a fleeing felon?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

130 92.20%
  • No

11 7.80%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3 inmates shot during failed prison escape

And for those not familiar with him, Mr Quintero had been arrested, served time and was deported before sneaking back into the U.S. and re offending and was getting arrested again at the time he killed officer Johnson.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

I must put my 2 cents in on this topic of discussion.
    The question is Should Inmate be SHOT while Escaping?

In my opinion "YES".

Here’s why I feel so strongly about this.
    Let me remind you that in 2000 we had 7 Inmates escape from a Texas Prison and were on the run for about 5 weeks. They, while free, went on a crime spree that has been well documented.
    You can read about it here for yourself.
    Wapedia - Wiki: Texas Seven.

My wife was the Elementary School Teacher for the Son of Slain Irving Officers Aubrey Hawkins that year and had a front row seat of the repercussion of their Crime Spree.
    I actually met Officer Hawkins at a “Meet your Teacher” night. He was a nice person, kind of a nerdy guy, who was friendly and easy to talk to. I know he was proud of his Family and loved his job. I got the impression he was proud to protect his Community from Evil.
    He didn’t deserve to die the way he did in an ambush, just for doing his job. (I tear up just thinking about him. He was a nice guy and a great Father!!!!! His son was proud of his Dad, and a great kid because of him too.)
    After all these 7 men were supposed to be locked away because they were part of the EVIL Officer Hawkins stood up against.

These Men became Desperate Men once they got free and no one was safe on the streets until they were caught.

Just because an Inmate is not a Convicted Murderer does not mean he will not MURDER to remain free. As I see it, Prisoners are dangerous men until the System determines they have paid for their crime. By committing a new crime of Escaping they certify they are not rehabilitated. And let me remind you, Prison is a College of Evil for these people. Few come out rehabilitated and ready to become a productive member of society. Most return to prison because Crime is all they are willing to do.

Should they be Shot for Attempting to Escape from Prison? Absolutely!
    Should the Guards Shoot to Kill?
    Definitely!

Like was said, Escaping Prisoners are not trying to get away to attend a Bible Study.
    These People are desperate and are trying to get freedom so they can continue their trade unchecked. Without the walls and rules you and I live by. They have already gone through the System that has determined they are enough of a threat to be incarcerated. (Isolated for our protection)

Read the story of the Texas & and remind yourself, one of these nights you may meet one of the Escapees in your living room, in your underwear, while they hold a knife to the throat of your loved ones demanding cash and vehicles. Would you want to meet them, or watch them bleed?

It is said here in Texas we have an Express Lane to the Death Chamber. Personally, I don’t think it’s fast enough! Death is the Ultimate Crime Deterrent.

Curt58

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'm with most of the rest of you. They should be shot for trying to escape. I say screw trying to even just recover them peacefully first. Soon as they try it...shoot. No reason to wear out the other COs running all over the place. Bullets are much faster, and have a potential to reduce the strain on our tax dollars...

These are evil people in prison, and if they escape, are likely to hurt others. I don't see how it could possibly be wrong to shoot.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member
    I agree with the common sentiment here. If they are trying to escape, it doesn't matter what they are in for. The guards have no time to identify the escapees, they have time to prevent the escape....by shooting.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links