Good? Anti-Gun Senator SHOOTS intruder!

This is a discussion on Good? Anti-Gun Senator SHOOTS intruder! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In the National News..... Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, ...

Thread: Good? Anti-Gun Senator SHOOTS intruder!

Good? Anti-Gun Senator SHOOTS intruder!

In the National News.....

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff 's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
    But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Somebody tell me again, how do you spell hypocrite?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

2. Remove Ads

Don't blame the good Senator, it was that evil gun that shot the intruder. I'm sure he tried to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Don't blame the good Senator, it was that evil gun that shot the intruder. I'm sure he tried to stop it.
    Yes, after all, he did his duty to buy it to keep it away from all those evil people who would try to use it.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    If you will bother to check it out, Senator Soles is *NOT* anti-gun!
    Why does this keep coming up? HE'S ON OUR SIDE, FOLKS!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Talking

Had this happened in Washington D.C. last year he could have been arrested for having it in his posession. (Poetic Justice)

This has been posted at least 5 times
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

O.k. I wrote the last post and was called away. I then sent it and saw yours, but it was too late. Glad to hear he's on our side.

Honestly I have no idea who this guy is, A buddy on another forum posted it and I figured since I did not see anything about it, I would post it. Someone might find it intresting.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

jeez, not this crap again! i'll admit, i belived the story when i first read it, but this story has been debunked about a million times here already. this isn't a news story, it's a blog entry, from some idiot who didn't do his reasearch in the first place. go to the NRA's website; i'm not a supporter of the NRA, but they do rate different legislators, and they gave this guy an "A" rating.

Ban senators.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

VIP Member
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Links