BAD: Teen girl shot, answering door

This is a discussion on BAD: Teen girl shot, answering door within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; PD: Teen shot after answering door at East Valley home - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD: Teen girl shot, answering door

PD: Teen shot after answering door at East Valley home - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

APACHE JUNCTION, AZ – A teen was reportedly shot after answering a knock at the door of Apache Junction home Monday afternoon.

The shooting occurred in the area of Broadway and Apache Trail around 2:30 p.m.

Apache Junction Police Captain Thomas Kelly said an 18-year-old female opened the door to a man she believed possibly wanted to ask about a home for sale down the street.

The teen was reportedly shot in the upper right chest area.

She was flown to a Valley hospital with serious injuries, according to Kelly.

Kelly said the suspect is currently on the loose and police believe this is an isolated incident.

=========

Once again - ANY time, ANY place. Train your family members to either ignore the unanticipated knock at the door, or to take proper precautions! God smiled on this girl and she's still alive.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

When will people learn to be careful about opening a door for strangers?
    They are saying this is an isolated incident and so far maybe it is but... it just may be the first of more to come.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

She should have had a way to see 'who was there' first. If she didn't know the individual, no reason to answer the door...I'll bet she knows that now. This neighborhood dirtbag just roam the sub looking for people to shoot? Not good......hope his next home selection involves an alert and armed home owner.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    So sad to hear about those who just don't have any SA.
    As a parent of a teenage daughter, I drill the SA stuff into her constantly, and she is getting much better. All the little things that I do are starting to come natural to her as well. But until I see that she is constantly aware I'll stick with it.
    Stop Drop and Roll is easy to teach to kids, some of them need more help with Stop, Look and Listen, but she is a mile ahead of her peers.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Sad.
    Evil on the doorstep. Any time. Anyplace. And people call us paranoid?
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Hopefully she recovers fully and the dirtbag is caught. Always, always, always know what's on the other side of your front door before opening it.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Sad.
    Evil on the doorstep. Any time. Anyplace. And people call us paranoid?
    So true, but lets all pray for a full recovery
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

I grew up right where this happened and I can’t remember anything like this happening when I was growing up.

Sad Sad, all around

Sad and very strange. What would motivate someone to ring a doorbell and then shoot the person answering door? Attempted anything other than murder would not start with shooting.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Every time a story like this comes on the news, all I have to do is look over at my wife, and she says "yes, I understand." But she still won't carry for herself.

I hope it stays as just an isolated incident and they get the guy.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    I'm praying for that young lady and that the dirt bag that shot her gets caught quickly!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

What would motivate someone to ring a doorbell and then shoot the person answering door?
    Steve,
    I was raised with a very naive view of the world, and a very tolerant attitude towards people.
    The more educated I get about what happens out there, the more I come to accept that the world, sadly, contains an element of evil, or if you wish, low-lifes who will take away your loved ones, or your own life, for.....absolutely nothing ie no understandable motivation as you put your question. Some want money or your car or a place to hide, but there are also a group of evil people out there who just want to kill. Call it mental illness or damage due to society exposure, or hollywood, or faulty upbringing - it really doesn't matter to me. They are out there. 99.9% of people are wonderful, but there is an evil faction out there who will, in a blink, take everything that is precious to you. I will not become paranoid about it, I will not stop enjoying my life or alter many of the things I do....but I have come to accept that we need to take steps to protect ourselves.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    When I answer the door I start the recorder and keep my 1911 on my right hip. I also keep the screen door locked so I can talk to them, but it may take them a second more to try something thus giving me the reaction time I need.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    A crime wave is a series of isolated incidents.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links