Local Cop Advocates Shooting Law Abiding Citizens - Merged 2x - Page 2

Local Cop Advocates Shooting Law Abiding Citizens - Merged 2x

This is a discussion on Local Cop Advocates Shooting Law Abiding Citizens - Merged 2x within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Rob P. The problem isn't that he has rights to say what he wants to as a private person. Or that we ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Cop Advocates Shooting Law Abiding Citizens - Merged 2x

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    The problem isn't that he has rights to say what he wants to as a private person. Or that we do or don't have the whole conversation and/or context.

THE PROBLEM is that by the comments posted, it appears that this detective has an attitude and that he believes that HE is entitled to be above the law while preventing others from exercising their rights upon threat of death.

He is either making these comments out of glee that he is LEO and citizens who exercise their rights are subject to his whims regardless of what the law says; or, that the comments reflect his intent to eventually kill someone. Either way, his attitude shows that he does not belong wearing a badge. Even an apology will not cleanse his attitude or demeanor. Only future actions can do that. The question is: Can the dept and the citizens risk it?
    But that is not what was said. He did not say he was going to shoot people for carrying a gun. He was pointing out the great possibility that they would get shot by the police or thugs stealing their unloaded guns.
    Was he out of line? yes, he was. But I do think the whole thing was taken out of context.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    But that is not what was said. He did not say he was going to shoot people for carrying a gun. He was pointing out the great possibility that they would get shot by the police or thugs stealing their unloaded guns.
    Was he out of line? yes, he was. But I do think the whole thing was taken out of context.

But he did say his buddy should have taken out his AR and proned the guy out for exercising a legal right. And can an OC'er actually make a furtive movement for his gun? Can someone with that attitude make a good judgement call between furtive and nervous? Particularly if he has predetermined his plan of attack so to speak. And will most of the people reading this even see what furtive means? If he keeps his job I hope this wakes him up to how ridiculous an idea this was.

FURTIVE MOVEMENTS -- "Furtive" means secretive or concealing, and the law requires a totality of circumstances here. The movement cannot possibly be construed as an innocent gesture (looking both ways before crossing the street). Nervousness alone is not sufficient as the law recognizes the right of people to be nervous or fearful around police. The movement cannot also be possibly the sign of a mental condition. There must be something secretive given the time, setting, weather, and audience. It would be best if the furtive movements were identifiable with a particular type of crime.

Administrator
    Yup, he said what he said.
    "Just blame Sixto"

OD*
    Stupid comes in all flavors.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I just don't understand how something can be no big deal in so many states, yet California is somehow different. Other cops seem to figure out that gang bangers and felons don't wear their firearms openly in proper holsters.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RXtion View Post
    Perfect example of someone who has no business ever having a badge and a service weapon.
    +1^
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I hope none of the officers in my area think like this...
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

This guy is a putz...plane and simple...PUTZ
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    How do people still not realize that everything you put up on social networking sites is designed to let people look at it? It can keep you from getting a job, it can get you fired from a job, it can get you thrown in prison, or slapped with a law suit. Some people will just never learn. Yes, you have a freedom to speak your mind, but don't be surprised if doing so has consequences when you say something stupid.
    Walk softly ...

Hopefully its all in jest.... Remedial training is in store for this officer, I would hope...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

How much of a liability will this officer be to the city if he is ever involved in a shooting? When he is on the stand in court in a non-shooting case I can see his judgment being more easily attacked by opposing council.

Michael

What I don't get is why would anyone open carry a gun with it unloaded? That is just asking for trouble.
    TheShadow:
    True but: Having embalming fluid in your system is gotta be worse

Quote Originally Posted by Mike78 View Post
    What I don't get is why would anyone open carry a gun with it unloaded? That is just asking for trouble.
    I agree, but here's a long, but good, article about OC'ing in CA. Might give you some perspective on it. I know it was educational for me. Made me appreciate VA a bit.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...in-california/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike78 View Post

lets see unloaded gun with ammo nearby>no gun at all
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Another example of why a lot of people do not trust and do not like the police. There are way too many of them who feel superior to the "common citizen". Only they should have guns. Only they can determine if you should be allowed to exercise your 2A rights.

This clown needs to be fired and made an example of in a better way.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links