Beyond Ugly: Man attacks two women and baby with an axe in Vegas

This is a discussion on Beyond Ugly: Man attacks two women and baby with an axe in Vegas within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) - Las Vegas Metro Homicide detectives are investigating a grizzly attack that left a 4-month-old boy dead and two others wounded. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Ugly: Man attacks two women and baby with an axe in Vegas

Senior Moderator

Beyond Ugly: Man attacks two women and baby with an axe in Vegas

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) - Las Vegas Metro Homicide detectives are investigating a grizzly attack that left a 4-month-old boy dead and two others wounded.

Police were called to 1600 block of San Pedro Avenue, near Maryland Parkway and Sahara, just before noon on Thursday. Investigators say the 33-year-old suspect, Harold Montague, came out of his house with an axe and toward a woman who was walking her son in a stroller.

Moments later, the man reportedly went on the attack, swinging the axe at both mom and son. Police say the attack was random, and the axe wielding man did not know the woman and her baby.

The witness who dialed 911 says she tried to intervene.

"He wasn't saying anything, and she wasn't screaming. I could see him beating her out of my window," said Teresa, who lives nearby. "I told him stop that right now, I'm calling 911, and he started hacking her again."

Arrest reported released in deadly axe attack - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:.
    This is just beyond words.... there is a special place in Hell awaiting this guy. It's just too bad that one of the citizens yelling at him didn't have the means to to more than yell.

We have a lot of debates about intervention on this forum, but I dont think anyone could make a case that they wouldn't have intervened in this.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    This is just beyond words.... there is a special place in Hell awaiting this guy. It's just too bad that one of the citizens yelling at him didn't have the means to to more than yell.

We have a lot of debates about intervention on this forum, but I dont think anyone could make a case that they wouldn't have intervened in this.
    Matt

Makes me sick! I would have been out the door and slinging hot lead his way with zero hesitation!!!!!!!!!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    YUP--doesn't seem much that could be mis-interpreted in this incident:

DRT (Dead Right There)
    Last edited by Chaplain Scott; February 12th, 2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: clarify DRT
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post
    YUP--doesn't seem much that could be mis-interpreted in this incident:
    I agree, not many undercover cops try to apprehend a suspect with an axe...

Putting this disturbed dirtbag's lights out would have been a good thing.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Yup. Forget the Taser, forget the beanbag rounds, forget the OC spray... this monster needed stopping right NOW.

And notice how effective calling 911 was...

I simply can not imaging the horror of the baby's mother as she went from enjoying a stroll to watching baby die at the hands of a monster, within a matter of seconds.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Methinks there are few grizzlies in metro LV these days, but I'm sure the attack was quite gristly.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Are you kidding me? An axe? Random? Holy hell, what are we becoming?
    "Don't Tread on Me"

What goes wrong in a persons head to make them take another humans life without justifiable cause? And even worse, the life of a child?

The witness said, ''You better stop that right now''. Did she think she was chastising children on the playground? At the very least grab the heaviest object you can find and star swinging....

It never ceases to amaze me just how messed up some people really are and how close they live to us all.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'm with you and the others Rott.

This is what they refer to as an extenuating circumstance.

There is law, legality and then there is what quite simply needs to be done and done immediately.
    Normally my rule is; Look, Listen, Report.
    Case like this though...I'm going for the first firearm I can get my hands on and this would be one of the extenuating circumstances to cause me to open my door and step off my porch landing as to aggress upon and close distance to a threat.

If the state DA would do me for doing that, and MA would, then well so be it.
    Somethings are just even as there might not be justice. : |

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    That's just beyond sick... it's demonic!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

What must be wrong with a person's mind to cause them to do something like this. To some degree, you have to feel sorry for them that whatever is wrong in their brain would allow them to do this. But, I'd also feel sorry for a rabid dog. The dog didn't ask to get rabies, it just happened. But a rabid dog needs to be put down and so does this guy and anyone who would do something like this.

Like Janq and others have said, if witnessing this crime, it's not something that I'd have to think about. This guy would have been eating lead and put down like the rabid dog he is.

My prayers go to the survivors and for the little boy. I hope justice is swift and not blind.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I agree completely. Moral obligation to take action here, and worry about the repercussions later.
    I read this before bed last night, and actually had trouble sleeping thing of the pure horror the mother experienced.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Yup. Forget the Taser, forget the beanbag rounds, forget the OC spray... this monster needed stopping right NOW.

And notice how effective calling 911 was...

I simply can not imaging the horror of the baby's mother as she went from enjoying a stroll to watching baby die at the hands of a monster, within a matter of seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Methinks there are few grizzlies in metro LV these days, but I'm sure the attack was quite gristly.

^^^^^^YEP^^^
    I caught that too

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I'm with you and the others Rott.

This is what they refer to as an extenuating circumstance.

There is law, legality and then there is what quite simply needs to be done and done immediately.
    Normally my rule is; Look, Listen, Report.
    Case like this though...I'm going for the first firearm I can get my hands on and this would be one of the extenuating circumstances to cause me to open my door and step off my porch landing as to aggress upon and close distance to a threat.

If the state DA would do me for doing that, and MA would, then well so be it.
    Somethings are just even as there might not be justice. : |

- Janq
    ^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

I think If my guns were somehow all locked up that day, or were all otherwise inacessible, I would at the very least, grab something in the garage, a shovel, hoe or the like and it would have been game on, and I can tell you who would have won!

That SOB would be pushin' up daisies

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Where was Mom's gun? I STAY on my wife about carrying, EVEN when she is just in the yard with the kids. You NEVER know when this may happen. I wish every person in the world could understand this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links