Tee, hee, hee...this'll never happen to me!???

This is a discussion on Tee, hee, hee...this'll never happen to me!??? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Bullet-stopping BlackBerry saves woman at local Fricker's", from Friday, Feb. 12, 2010 issue of the Dayton Daily News: By Steve Bennish, Staff Writer Updated 1:50 ...

Thread: Tee, hee, hee...this'll never happen to me!???

"Bullet-stopping BlackBerry saves woman at local Fricker's", from
    Friday, Feb. 12, 2010 issue of the Dayton Daily News:

By Steve Bennish, Staff Writer
    Updated 1:50 AM Friday, February 12, 2010
    BUTLER TWP., Montgomery County — A woman’s BlackBerry cell phone saved her from serious harm after her boyfriend’s concealed handgun discharged inside a restaurant.

The incident occurred about 11 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 6, in Fricker’s on Miller Lane, said Butler Twp. police Capt. Carl Bush.

The gun owner, Anthony J. Holtvogt, 24, of Kettering holds a concealed carry permit for the firearm.

He faces one charge of possession of a firearm in a liquor permit premises. The third-degree felony is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Bush said Holtvogt, his girlfriend, 22, and other friends were enjoying beers at Fricker’s, 6834 Miller Lane. The girlfriend lives in Butler Twp.

When they prepared to leave, Holtvogt told police, he picked up his coat and began putting it on. The firearm was in the coat pocket.

The sleeve got caught in the coat, and as Holtvogt reached down, he noticed the slide on the .32-caliber handgun was pulled back. The gun then discharged.

The slug put a hole through his coat and his girlfriend’s jeans, but struck the BlackBerry in her left pants pocket dead center, Bush said. The bullet caused only bruising, and the woman declined medical treatment, Bush said.

“The BlackBerry saved her absolutely,” Bush said. “It could have been pretty serious.”

If Holtvogt is convicted, he faces a mandatory revocation of his concealed carry permit, Bush said.

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, which issues the permits, has been notified, Bush said.

Distinguished Member
    Work'n on those thread counts????? Looks like a re-post.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I figured that this is a good one about CCW, fitting in a couple of areas, not much trouble or work or waste when one can copy and paste the words and work of others for the benefit of one's gun-toting sisters and brothers.

Foregoing his actions of carrying while drinking and carrying into an establishment that has a license to serve alcohol, why would one carry without a good holster? Then again, his decision to carry while drinking only shows that his decision making capabilities are not of the highest caliber.

When I read the headline I thought Plaxico Burress was out clubbing again.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

already running here
    "Brains before Bullets"

Sponsored Links