Gunman Opens Fire Inside North Carolina Hospital

This is a discussion on Gunman Opens Fire Inside North Carolina Hospital within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Source: Gunman Opens Fire Inside North Carolina Hospital - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com Monday, February 15, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Source: Gunman Opens Fire Inside North Carolina Hospital - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

LAURINBURG, N.C. — Police say a gunman shot a patient at a hospital in Laurinburg and tried to shoot the patient's girlfriend.

Police say the gunfire followed a fight at a club early Monday.

Laurinburg police Capt. Kimothy Monroe said Wayne "Wolf" Simmons, the father of one of the women in the club fight, came to Scotland Memorial Hospital. She said Simmons entered a room and fired at Domario Covington, who was being treated for injuries from the fight.

Monroe said Covington ran away and Simmons then tried to shoot Covington's girlfriend, but the gun didn't fire. Simmons was arrested in the hospital parking lot.

Covington was in critical but stable condition.

Monroe said Simmons faces charges including attempted murder.

How about that? I bet he walked right past a 'no guns' sign and kept on walking. I can't believe the sign didn't stop him...
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    Source: Gunman Opens Fire Inside North Carolina Hospital - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

How about that? I bet he walked right past a 'no guns' sign and kept on walking. I can't believe the sign didn't stop him...
    Seems to be a recurring theme.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    ohmehgosh! You mean to tell me that gun buster signs didn't even stop this guy?! Criminals are getting stronger me thinks!
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    ohmehgosh! You mean to tell me that gun buster signs didn't even stop this guy?! Criminals are getting stronger me thinks!
    Nope just dumber and more brazen
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I really feel safe when I see a NO GUNS Allowed sign.
    YouTube - Gun Free Zone - Get Yours Today!
    Hitler once said, “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

In the good ole days a fight was over when one opponent yielded to the other. Now days, all to frequently, the fight contiues even after one opponent is layed to rest.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Wow, here's a Dad who's setting a great example for the kids.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Wow, here's a Dad who's setting a great example for the kids.
    Probaly why his little darling was involved in a bar fight in the first place.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Savages.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Savages.
    Pretty much...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I think we're all laboring under the false assumption that they can actually READ.

My bet is on a defective sign. They should remove it, send it back to the factory and get it repaired. Was it damaged? Is there a recall notice?

Was the sign under warranty? Does the hospital have to pay to get it repaired or replaced so that the lawyers don't come in to help the vicitms sue? After all, they had a "No Guns Sign" posted.

Obviously it wasn't correct or it would have impeeded the perp from doing his rampage.

All sarcasm aside, it's not surprising in places that do not allow legal carry of firearms. We can't stress the point enough, but still the Utopian Anti's want us to believe we're safe where no guns are allowed.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

tell me again how i was wrong to ignore my hospital's "No Guns" sign when i was admitted the last time?

this is precisely why i ignore those signs when i see them. if it's a business, like Kay Jewelry, Border's Bookstores, or IKEA, i simply spend my money elsewhere. if it's somewhere i absolutely need to go, like a hospital, those signs get ignored.

Well, that pretty much removes hospital rooms from the list of places BG's will never go.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Well, that pretty much removes hospital rooms from the list of places BG's will never go.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Folk have been attacking each other in hospitals since forever ago.
    At least as long as I have been alive...This is normal among urban emergency centers and hospitals.

Church, police stations and even being in a courthouse and/or in front of a judge is no longer a 'safe' off-limits place.

BGs will and do go everywhere and places of safety are a figment of childrens imagination. :|

Anytime, anywhere, anyone.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links