They Keep on Gettin Younger Part II

This is a discussion on They Keep on Gettin Younger Part II within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know, this is old news, came out a few weeks ago. I just had to share it. Didn't seem to make the post on ...

Thread: They Keep on Gettin Younger Part II

They Keep on Gettin Younger Part II

I know, this is old news, came out a few weeks ago. I just had to share it. Didn't seem to make the post on this site.

15-Year-Old Boy Named As Shooter Of Ice Cream Truck Driver - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

15-Year-Old Boy Named As Shooter Of Ice Cream Truck Driver[

VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police have arrested a 14-year-old boy on suspicion of being an accomplice in the shooting of an ice cream truck driver Wednesday.

Police also said they have recovered the gun used in the shooting.

Vallejo police late Thursday night identified a 15-year-old boy as the suspect in the Wednesday shooting of a woman in her ice cream truck in what appears to be a "robbery gone bad."

Peter Montenegro, who police say has ties to both the Vallejo and Hayward areas, is suspected of shooting 39-year-old Amarjit Kaur about 2:40 p.m. in the area of Springs Road and Castlewood Drive.

A passerby found Kaur slumped behind the wheel of her truck at about 2:40 p.m. in the area of Springs Road and Castlewood Drive, police said.

Kaur remained at John Muir Medical center in Walnut Creek Thursday in serious but stable condition, Lt. Abel Tenorio said.

Police said Montenegro ran away from home and his whereabouts are unknown. He should be considered armed and dangerous and a Ramey warrant has been issued for his arrest.

He was initially a person of interest in the case but is now considered to be the suspect. He is described as 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing at least 200 pounds and was last seen wearing a black pea coat, police said.

He is believed to have entered Sac's Tasty Hot Dogs at 2445 Springs Road shortly after the shooting and was captured on the restaurant's surveillance camera. Police have released surveillance photos.

Sgt. Kevin Bartlett said the shooting was the result of a "robbery gone bad."

Kaur worships regularly at the Hindu Community Temple at 1268 Taylor Ave. in Vallejo, the Temple's priest Kumar Raj said this morning.

She is from India and has lived in Vallejo for about six years, Raj said. She has two daughters and a son and has been driving the ice cream truck for about five years, he said.

Raj said he last saw Kaur Tuesday night at the temple.

"She is a very nice lady. She helps with cooking and cleaning at the temple," Raj said.

2. Remove Ads

Links