150 yards from a bank robbery and didn't know

150 yards from a bank robbery and didn't know

This is a discussion on 150 yards from a bank robbery and didn't know within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A bank in our quiet little town was robbed yesterday. I happend to be at one of my rental properties just across from this bank ...

Thread: 150 yards from a bank robbery and didn't know

Angry 150 yards from a bank robbery and didn't know

A bank in our quiet little town was robbed yesterday. I happend to be at one of my rental properties just across from this bank checking a leaky toilet for one of my guests. We were standing in the parking lot outside and I was pointing out where some of the transportation and various resorts were in relation to the condo. We parted ways, I jumped into my vehicle and headed home. About a half mile from the condo I get passed by what seems to be every cop in the county racing at full blast the opposite direction that I'm heading. Didn't think much of it until my buddy called me about 15 minutes later and said, "I just passed your condo and the whole area is shut down, sherrifs, police all with their rifles out." I had just left there and can't help but think that this was happening as I was standing across the street with my guests. He got away with an undisclosed amount of money and had just a handgun.

It's not much of a story but here's the link:
    Police search for Park City bank robber - ABC 4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

My friends and I are in disbelief at the amount of recent crime in what should be a sleepy ski resort. Random shooting a few weeks back that I posted, in a separate incident 3 armed suspects picked up a few days later and now this.

My wife just took her CCW class this past Saturday.....and I'm glad she did. So is she.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    did you check your trunk?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Usually unless your in the bank you will never know it was robbed until the alarm goes out,,unless the Robber plays Jesse James and fires a coupla rounds into the ceilingTellers are trained to hand over the money and be good witnesses
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Do you remember what you did the whole time? You didnt just stand around and blink and all of a sudden your in your car close to home right?

Glad nothing happened while you were outside.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Spade, I remember every second of my conversation with my guests. Let me clarify a bit... Where I was standing was just out of a direct line of site to this bank. Had I been standing 35 yards to my right I might have seen him run out...maybe not. As dukalmighty pointed out, I likely would never now unless I was in the bank. I didn't find out that something was going down until I was already home. I know there was nothing I could do had I even seen the robber leave. I just found this to be a sobering event due to the fact that it happened so close to me. Most people, myself included, can watch horrific events and recreations on TV and not even bat an eye. But it's a whole different reaction when you can personally associate with the event due to proximity or a familiarity of the victim, business or bank.

Small town, nice quiet place...a bank robbery?
    Just goes to reinforce the statement...'any time, any place'.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Eh, i have seen plenty of videos where people in the bank don't realize it is being robbed... even seen a few where they don't seem to care!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Eh, i have seen plenty of videos where people in the bank don't realize it is being robbed... even seen a few where they don't seem to care!
    Yup. If you looked at the photo of the robber you'll notice a guy sitting in a chair behind him looking the opposite direction. I can't help but wonder if even HE know what was going on just feet behind him.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Credit union was hit across the street from the college dorm that I work at.

Was quite the scene about 10-15 minutes later. Several squad cars and officers with m4s and shotties patroling the immediate area, and posting themselves at the entrance to our dorm.

Of course it is really easy disappear into a crowd of several thousand college students, not counting all the other people out and about.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7045284/
    Last edited by Shadowsbane; February 17th, 2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Link to incident.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Links