Robbers Hide In Ceiling of Food Lion, take hostages

This is a discussion on Robbers Hide In Ceiling of Food Lion, take hostages within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just another reason to pay attention to your surroundings.. this happened at the store where my sister worked. Robbers Hide In Ceiling of Gastonia Food ...

Thread: Robbers Hide In Ceiling of Food Lion, take hostages

Angry Robbers Hide In Ceiling of Food Lion, take hostages

Just another reason to pay attention to your surroundings.. this happened at the store where my sister worked.

Robbers Hide In Ceiling of Gastonia Food Lion - Video - WSOC Charlotte
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2. Remove Ads

This seems to be a new tactic used by the BGs.

Hope them catch them soon

If there had been one or more CCW there might have been a different result.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Let me guess: gun-free zone?

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Let me guess: gun-free zone?
    No, I do not believe it is a gun free zone. I have not been to that particular store in months, I will have to check. However, the one that I shop at frequently doesn't have a gunbuster sign... Other than my uncle and one friend, I have yet to meet anyone else that carries. I am sure they are out there somewhere.

I carry every where it is legal, and have seriously cut back on entering any shopping place or building that does not allow concealed carry. Took my wife and son to the movie theater the other night and left my EDC at home, it was maybe the second time that I have not had my side arm on me since I received my CHP
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

180 pound Cockroaches falling out of the ceiling,and I thought Texas had biguns
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Just an update from the local news paper.

UPDATE: Food Lion robbers 'knew exactly what they were doing,' says victim http://www.gastongazette.com/news/ro...ctly-says.html..

A victim stated that she was happy that she was unable to contact the police because she believes the situation would have been made worse and would have turned into a hostage situation. I can see her point. It must have been a very difficult situation for those involuntarily involved.

Talk about ZERO SA, that one couple received an attempted warning about the BG's as they (the couple) began to enter the store and they didn't get it.

Tough situation to be in, what happens if BG's discover your firearm?

There is only one punishment for dirtbags so bold......as Uncle Ted says, "No repeat offenders, just dead offenders."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Talk about ZERO SA, that one couple received an attempted warning about the BG's as they (the couple) began to enter the store and they didn't get it.

Tough situation to be in, what happens if BG's discover your firearm?

There is only one punishment for dirtbags so bold......as Uncle Ted says, "No repeat offenders, just dead offenders."
    That is the situation that bothers me...what if I am in this situation and decide not to employ my pistol because they(BG's) are not shooting people. Then the bad guys decide to rob everyone. When they come to someone carrying, there is a high risk that they will discover their firearm. It becomes a lose /lose situation, surrender your weapon or fight!

First off, Food lion is gun friendly. Second nothing shocks me anymore, I am a IT tech and work at Food lion stores. I always carry and have seen my fair share of things. The guys that did this must have either worked there or got some inside info from maybe ex coworker to know there procedures. If I was faced with the situation I don't know how I would react but i would not sit idle. You never know what there intentions are.

^ Most Food Lions are gun friendly. I've been in three that haven't been.

.. They don't post, so mostly it was manager's choice..
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

I just checked with FDHQ there company policy on guns is to follow state laws. If you go to a store that has signs or Managers don't allow it please contact Food lion by letter or by there 800 number. Hope this helps.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Sounds like these thieves had planned this out quite a bit more than the common criminal. Hopefully the police will pick up their trail and catch up with them soon.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    180 pound Cockroaches falling out of the ceiling,and I thought Texas had biguns
    Around here, we call that sporting clays.

Links