BAD-‘Life-altering' injuries for teen after assault rifle shooting

This is a discussion on BAD-‘Life-altering' injuries for teen after assault rifle shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NEAR PEÑITAS — An altercation led to a shooting with an assault rifle Sunday evening that left a teenager hospitalized with “life-altering” injuries. Hidalgo County ...

Thread: BAD-‘Life-altering' injuries for teen after assault rifle shooting

BAD-‘Life-altering' injuries for teen after assault rifle shooting

NEAR PEÑITAS — An altercation led to a shooting with an assault rifle Sunday evening that left a teenager hospitalized with “life-altering” injuries.

Hidalgo County sheriff's deputies responded to a call of a shooting in the Pueblo de Palmas colonia, near Farm-to-Market Road 2221 north of Peñitas, about 7 p.m. Sunday.

A group of five people had been in an altercation with several gang members about 6 p.m. Sunday at a beige stucco duplex along Royal Palm Drive, said Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño.

The gang members returned to the complex about an hour later, and as the five people tried to leave the area in a red pickup truck, the gang members fired an assault rifle toward the truck, striking it several times, Treviño said.

A 15-year-old boy was hit several times by the gunfire. He was transported to an area hospital, where he remained in critical condition Monday afternoon.

Deputies identified two of the men suspected in the shooting: 20-year-old Daniel Nordhausen and 21-year-old Enrique Cervantes. Nordhausen is a member of the Most Wanted gang and Cervantes is a member of the Norteño gang, Treviño said, adding that the gang members knew the victims before the attack.

The victims had involvement with police in the past, but are not known gang members, the sheriff said.

Investigators believe the attackers used an AK-47 or SKS assault rifle after finding bullet casings that fit the weapon at the scene of the shooting.

Assault weapons are commonly used in home invasions by pseudocops and are often found in gang aresenals, Treviño said.

The sheriff said he ordered his office’s tactical and gang unit to work with homicide investigators to locate Cervantes and Nordhausen.

Initial reports received Monday morning said no injuries were reported in Sunday evening’s attack, however, a statement issued Monday afternoon revealed the 15-year-old suffered critical injuries during the shooting.

“I can’t get into the details, but I can say they are life-altering,” the sheriff said.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

2. Remove Ads

Well if they would start punishing boys when "they have involvement with police" they might start being good boys.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Assault weapons are commonly used in home invasions by pseudocops and are often found in gang aresenals, Treviño said.
    Wow...really? I thought there were laws against that. Good thing mine are locked in a safe...pseudocops?? Does he mean criminals who impersonate LEOs? Or private security officers? This is a bad quote....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

GM
    I am sorry for my ignorance, but what are pseudocops?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I am sorry for my ignorance, but what are pseudocops?
    I'd like to know the same thing.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Pseudocops are gang members who dress up like cops with DEA and Sheriff insignia,they usually target rival gangs stash houses for drugs and cash,they have been known to hit the wrong house in the past
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The prefix "pseudo-"

A combining form meaning “false,” “pretended,” “unreal,” used in the formation of compound words (pseudoclassic; pseudointellectual)

In scientific use, denoting close or deceptive resemblance to the following element (pseudobulb; pseudocarp), and used sometimes in chemical names of isomers (pseudoephedrine).
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Actually about a year ago they broke into a house of a girl (wronge address) bound gagged and killed her (I think, possibly just killed her) and when they were caught I think they said something like "We messed up, we were a number off and hit the neighbor (apartment complex) and killed a girl who was about to graduate. A few guys kidnapped a girl from STC, realized she was broke and raped her andvarious other things that happen here.

Also easy to get the "gear" to look like cops, Hats that read POLICE, FBI, DEA, CIA, come with matching shirts for about 20 bucks.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Actually about a year ago they broke into a house of a girl (wronge address) bound gagged and killed her (I think, possibly just killed her) and when they were caught I think they said something like "We messed up, we were a number off and hit the neighbor (apartment complex) and killed a girl who was about to graduate. A few guys kidnapped a girl from STC, realized she was broke and raped her andvarious other things that happen here.

Also easy to get the "gear" to look like cops, Hats that read POLICE, FBI, DEA, CIA, come with matching shirts for about 20 bucks.
    i thought you had to show LEO Id to get those...
    One Man's Trash is another Man's Wife.
    A gun is like an abortion. When you are unprotected and get surprised, you always want one.

Links