Good 1 suspect dead, 1 injured after allegedly trying to run down Luke AFB security

Good 1 suspect dead, 1 injured after allegedly trying to run down Luke AFB security

This is a discussion on Good 1 suspect dead, 1 injured after allegedly trying to run down Luke AFB security within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wondering if the car thievesí (???illegalís???) thought this was a gated community, you donít run barricades at Military installations. Good 1 suspect dead, 1 injured ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good 1 suspect dead, 1 injured after allegedly trying to run down Luke AFB security

Wondering if the car thievesí (???illegalís???) thought this was a gated community, you donít run barricades at Military installations.

Good 1 suspect dead, 1 injured after allegedly trying to run down Luke AFB security officer

by Catherine Holland
    Posted on February 23, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    Updated today at 7:21 AM
    GLENDALE -- One man is dead and another is in the hospital after a security officer at Luke Air Force Base was forced to open fire at a car he said was driving right at him.
    It happened at about 11 p.m. Monday at Litchfield Road and Glendale Avenue. Investigators were still on the scene hours later.
    The two suspects were driving a stolen car and refused to stop at a security checkpoint heading into the base. The rammed through the gate.
    The security officer tried first to stop the car peacefully by setting up a road block, but the driver allegedly tried to run him down. That's when the security officer fired. The car then crashed on the bridge across Litchfield Road.
    One of the suspects was pronounced dead at the scene. It's not clear if the man had been shot or if he died in the crash.
    The other suspect was air-lifted to St. Joseph's Hospital. That man reportedly is in serious condition.
    The Glendale Police Department was called in to investigate. Those detectives said the incident does not appear to be a terrorist act.
    It's not known if the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was following the stolen vehicle prior to the incident at Luke Air Force Base.
    The car that was stolen reportedly belonged to a single mother who just bought the vehicle Monday.
    Details are still coming in about the incident and will be updated as they become available.

I have noticed more and more criminals are trying to run down people.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Oh! No! Maricopa County Sherriff Joe Arpaio caused this to happen because he and his xenophobic nativist racist officers were profiling and persecuting and chasing these innocent undocumented workers who were simply here to create and find better lives for themselves and their children and wives; with aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents and dozens of cousins, all with anchor babies, maybe. Besides, they couldn't read those road and warning signs that were printed in English.

I am guessing this happens ALOT there.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

When these type of events are happening you do not know if it is a Terrorist event or not.

Good work to LEOs!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Hard to say this is not an attempted Terrorist Attack.

There are no names listed.
    No information as to their National Origin.
    Even brother members of the military can perform a Terrorist Act and shoot up a Military Base there bye taking many lives.
    The car was stolen.
    It was driven at a Gate Guard at a Government Installation.
    The driver tried to crash his way onto the Military Base.
    No report as to the contents inside the vehicle.
    The Incident took place near a US Border.
    And, the incident took place late at night.

Sometimes less information creates less panic than to much information.

I'm just saying! It could be Big Brother trying not to create a panic.
    Something Fishy!

I wouldn't say it's Big Brother trying not to create a panic. This is just SOP for the Air Force. We never let all the info out about anything that occurred on our bases until we had all the facts and/or it didn't pertain to National Security.

Need details! Did our boys in blue get to use their carbines???

I think our brain-trust duo were just on the lam and didn't really give a lot of thought to the fact they were headed onto a military base. That would be consistent with a number of other high-thinking decisions they made last night...

The only better ending would have been if they mustered a couple of F-16s for close air support...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Congrats to the officer, for marksmanship! Good show!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Well I'm both glad and surprised...glad that the perimeter guard successfully stopped the dirtbag's car, but surprised that the military let him have more than a whistle to pull it off.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well I'm both glad and surprised...glad that the perimeter guard successfully stopped the dirtbag's car, but surprised that the military let him have more than a whistle to pull it off.
    I was a USAF Security Policeman,we were issued S&W Mod 15 38 spcl,and M16A1's,It's not a good Idea to try to run down a gate guard,Sat and Baf teams,carried heavier stuff
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Oh! No! Maricopa County Sherriff Joe Arpaio caused this to happen because he and his xenophobic nativist racist officers were profiling and persecuting and chasing these innocent undocumented workers who were simply here to create and find better lives for themselves and their children and wives; with aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents and dozens of cousins, all with anchor babies, maybe. Besides, they couldn't read those road and warning signs that were printed in English.
    Most of the newspapers in this country would hire you on them words alone, and im not talking about the editorials.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    LAMAO The truth on 9 out of 10 stations. Tune in to a liberal commie network near you !
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

My friends, I just can't sneak myself in, because paid media people think that I am dishonest despite my typing the right write things to share with their pet PC parrots who do not wish to offend anyone...except gals and guys who own and like to have fun with guns, with which to defend themselves and others.

Saw the FOUO after action report today. Amazingly enough, it really was just a couple car thieves who inadvertently ventured onto Luke AFB. Luke is a big place, and this particular gate was on the non-flight line side of the base. At any rate, more than one shot was fired and more than one officer took part, but all indications are that the sky cops did well and acted appropriately. Nice job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links