Two students shot by gunman at middle school in CO (Merged) - Page 4

Two students shot by gunman at middle school in CO (Merged)

This is a discussion on Two students shot by gunman at middle school in CO (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hope the victims recover quickly. Hope the shooter gets executed quickly. Hope the math teacher gets a ticker-tape parade! It is always nice when a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Two students shot by gunman at middle school in CO (Merged)

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Hope the victims recover quickly. Hope the shooter gets executed quickly. Hope the math teacher gets a ticker-tape parade!

It is always nice when a good person steps in, stops the bad guy, and minimized injury. Kudos to him.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cz2075bd View Post
    "I saw that the guy had a rifle and then, unfortunately, he got another round off.
    Hum?

Not clear if that additional round he got off was one of the hits, or not.

However, had the teacher been armed....
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

On the Denver news tonight they reported that the shooter stole his father's hunting rifle. It was a 30.06, amazing the kids are as in good a shape as they are. The girl is home now and the boy is updated to 'good' condition. They set bond at $1 million-cash only. Guess no bonding out for him.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

And further reaction by the public...

Are School Safety Plans Adequate In Colorado? - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

DENVER -- The violence at Deer Creek Middle School has parents in Colorado questioning the safety precautions at local schools.

The state's Attorney General says by law, every school in Colorado must have an emergency action plan.

"It's a constant threat, it's going to be with us for the foreseeable future," said Attorney General John Suthers.

Security experts suggest parents review the particulars. Among the questions to ask:

Are parking lots in clear view? Do visitors get a special pass or sticker? How are local police involved? Is there an emergency notification system for parents? If there is an emergency, will the school be in a lockdown? Is there a designated meeting place?

"It takes an incident like this to remind us this threat is by no means gone," said Suthers.

Suthers feels Colorado schools have solid disaster plans. But feels drills are necessary, so when itís time to react, decisions will be smart and swift.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by BurgDog View Post
    One of the teachers, who was not armed with any weapon other then his own body and skill, took care of it. 2 Shot at Colorado Middle School - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    Yeah, and he's a courageous man. But giving him the option of stopping him without putting himself in danger would have been better.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Maybe we should teach the Educators the ISRAELI HAGANAH COMBAT SYSTEM.
    Iím afraid had that been me I would have broken the shooters neck while I was attempting to disarm him. OOPS! Did I do that?

Iím sorry, but ******* caught red handed like that need swifter justice than they get.

My wife is an Elementary Teacher and I cannot condone arming her.
    She would panic and shoot herself or some kid if she was faced with an armed assailant.
    I pray she never experiences this first hand. It will ruin her as a dedicated professional. She'd never leave the house if she even witnessed anything like this. She loves her students and spends a lot more out of her own pocket on them than the School Sytem gives her. Most good teachers do.

This kind of senseless shooting of unarmed children just makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM
    Another school shooting! That is bad, very bad.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

There must be something in the water in Littleton, Colorado.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links