Serial home invasion?

This is a discussion on Serial home invasion? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Four attackers injure two in Roanoke Co. home invasion - Roanoke.com Four attackers injure two in Roanoke Co. home invasion By Amanda Codispoti| The Roanoke ...

Thread: Serial home invasion?

VIP Member

Post Serial home invasion?

Four attackers injure two in Roanoke Co. home invasion - Roanoke.com

Four attackers injure two in Roanoke Co. home invasion
    By Amanda Codispoti| The Roanoke Times

Four masked men bound and beat two men inside a Roanoke County house in the second home invasion robbery in the area in four days, police said.

The victims of the Sunday night crime, Larry Dunbar, 34, and Andrew Mullen, 18, were treated at a hospital for injuries that police described as not life threatening. Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital treated Mullen and released him, said spokeswoman Allie Buth, who didn't have information on Dunbar's treatment.

One of the robbers fired at least two pistol shots in the holdup inside Dunbar's house in the 3300 block of Rutrough Road in the Mount Pleasant section. No one was hit.

Vinton police reported several men burst into a house on Bush Farm Drive on Feb. 17, then tied up and beat the occupants. Detectives are investigating whether the crimes are linked, said Roanoke County Lt. Chuck Mason. The victims of Sunday's crime were targeted by the assailants, not chosen at random, said Mason. He wouldn't elaborate.

Victims of the Vinton home invasion also were targeted by their attackers, police said.

Dunbar and Mullen told police the assailants burst into the house about 11:45 p.m. Sunday. The intruders beat the men with weapons and demanded cash, Mason said. The robbers tied up Dunbar and Mullen, fired the shots and left with an undisclosed amount of cash, Mason said. He said the robbers may have fled in a dark-colored SUV.

Dunbar and Mullen freed themselves and called for help from a neighbor's house.

Anyone with information about the Roanoke County robbery is asked to call police at 777-8641.

-- Amanda Codispoti
    Drug related?

Serial home invasion?

Hum?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Suspicious...
    God so loved the world he gave his only son...
    Whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

W

Something is just not right here!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

This is a crime that few think would/could happen to them while living in a nice sub.
    We have had a half-dozen home invasions in the last year or two in the Gainesville area (info via a cop neighbor), but they have always been over drug sales.
    It is not impossible, however, to have this happen anywhere. I am always armed at home for this very reason.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Down here most home invasions were drug related,stash houses getting hit by gangs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Paging Dan Casey....Dan Casey, please come to your computer, we need an editorial declaring these poor young men were turned to violent crime by a handgun whispering evil thoughts into their ears. We also need someone to tell the world this situation would've been WORSE had the homeowners been armed. Dan, where are you?

There's been some well documented cases of police raiding the wrong homes. I'm sure BGs can make the same mistakes. Just b/c you're not into something shady doesn't mean it couldn't happen to you!

Serial home invasion? You mean the police haven't been able to stop them? You mean the police didn't get there in time to catch them and save the day?

So what you're telling me is police can't be everywhere at once?
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Paging Dan Casey....Dan Casey, please come to your computer, we need an editorial declaring these poor young men were turned to violent crime by a handgun whispering evil thoughts into their ears. We also need someone to tell the world this situation would've been WORSE had the homeowners been armed. Dan, where are you?

LOL Good post. I can't stand that freakin bone head!

Their attempts would be futile,I keep my "Honey Bunches Of Oats" in a safe
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links