LAPD officer shot teenage son S/D

LAPD officer shot teenage son S/D

This is a discussion on LAPD officer shot teenage son S/D within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BAD: LAPD Reserve Officer Shoots, Kills Son in Self-Defense, Officials Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com...

Thread: LAPD officer shot teenage son S/D

Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

VIP Member
    Wish we had more details, from what the story has, sounds like a little bit of excessive force.......maybe.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sad...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Pretty vague. Sad either way.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Terrible. The story is very light on details...

LOS ANGELES — Authorities say a Los Angeles police reserve officer has shot and killed his teenage son in self-defense during a confrontation in their home.

The shooting was reported Thursday evening near Monrovia.

The names of the officer and his son weren't immediately released.

Sheriff's Department spokesman Deputy Ed Hernandez says the shooting was in self-defense. He says the officer opened fire after the teenager attacked him.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Wish we had more details, from what the story has, sounds like a little bit of excessive force.......maybe.
    Probably more like, use of force should have been used earlier in life. I was never going to do anything that would get me on the wrong side of dad. My dad never whipped me. My mother did. My dad insisted that I always comply with my mothers commands. I complied out of fear. I comply to the laws of our society today out of fear.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Very vague.
    very sad.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

GM
    That was horrible, whatever the reason was.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    No parent ever thinks while they're bringing a child in to the world that they'll be the ones to send them back out!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

A cop (reserve or not) has to use a gun on his son? Not pepper spray or maybe even a taser?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm in my 60's, I was an active wrestler and coached for many years...but I'm still an old fart. My two sons are in their 30's, and on occasion they have tried to muscle me around, unsuccessfully of course, but they both still know enough not to grab ahold of me with any serious intentions. Now I'm only good for a minute or two, because I then need 'oxygen' .
    I can't imagine ever needing a firearm to handle my sons...yet alone a 16 year old. I have seniors in my high school classes that have made vague threats around friends, but in and around town seem to have forgotten their 'boldness' when alone.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A little more detail from Probe continues into off-duty LAPD reserve officer who fatally shot son in Monrovia | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times:

Sheriff’s investigators were looking into what led an off-duty LAPD reserve officer to fatally shoot his underage son at the the family’s home in Monrovia, authorities said Friday.

The son allegedly confronted his father with a large object and was shot once in the chest in the 6 p.m. incident Thursday in the 100 block of Andre Street, said authorities familiar with the case who asked not to be identified because the investigation is ongoing.

“The victim acted in self-defense and shot and killed the juvenile subject,” said Deputy Guillermina Saldana of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.

-- Amina Khan

Quote Originally Posted by beerad View Post
    A little more detail from Probe continues into off-duty LAPD reserve officer who fatally shot son in Monrovia | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times:

Sheriff’s investigators were looking into what led an off-duty LAPD reserve officer to fatally shoot his underage son at the the family’s home in Monrovia, authorities said Friday.

The son allegedly confronted his father with a large object and was shot once in the chest in the 6 p.m. incident Thursday in the 100 block of Andre Street, said authorities familiar with the case who asked not to be identified because the investigation is ongoing.

“The victim acted in self-defense and shot and killed the juvenile subject,” said Deputy Guillermina Saldana of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.

-- Amina Khan
    Still doesn't sound right to me...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links