Baby in getaway car shot by victim after robbery of guns/beating

This is a discussion on Baby in getaway car shot by victim after robbery of guns/beating within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd like to be on the jury that sits for the BG's,I'm thinking the death penalty...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby in getaway car shot by victim after robbery of guns/beating

I'd like to be on the jury that sits for the BG's,I'm thinking the death penalty
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

These BG's and the mother are all in deep sh*t! All 3 should be charged with murder. The mother should also be charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

I hope that Mr Jeremiah is exonerated , but I can't agree with his decision to shoot the fleeing suspects. It would be unjust to charge him with anything greater than negligent discharge, unsafe handling of a firearm, or some other relatively minor infraction; hopefully a misdemeanor that will not effect him right to own firearms.

GM
    How could the mother be so dumb to do something like that while the baby was in the car? The people in the vehicle should be held responsible for what happened to the baby..
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Warrant Issued In Child's Shooting Death
    Devin Jeremiah Accused Of Killing 1-Year-Old
    POSTED: 6:11 pm CST March 9, 2010
    UPDATED: 6:16 pm CST March 9, 2010
    Email Print
    Comments (31)ROLAND, Ark. -- An arrest warrant has been issued in the shooting death of a 1-year-old child.

Prosecutors said Devin Jeremiah is charged with second-degree murder and two counts of shooting with intent to kill.

The Sequoyah County Sheriff's Department said 1-year-old Elaine Keene was hit after Jeremiah fired several shots at two people who robbed and beat him at his Roland home.

Aaron Bowen, 17, and Michael Clemente, 19, are accused of robbing Jeremiah.

They now face charges of felony first-degree murder and several burglary and robbery charges.

Warrant Issued In Child's Shooting Death - Local News Story - KHBS NW Arkansas

roland is in Ok. not Ar.
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

03/10/2010 04:16 AM ID: 83281 Permalink

Baby Killed in Robbery Update, Charges Filed
    As reported earlier on ShortNews, two men attempted to beat and rob Devin Jeremiah. They fled in a car. Jeremiah fired shots at the fleeing vehicle, which hit a baby in the car. The baby died the next day.

The two suspects, Michael Clemente and Aaron Bowen, have been charged with 1st degree murder. Devin Jeremiah Is being charged with 2nd degree murder and two charges of shooting with intent to kill.

The baby´s mother was in the car during the attempted robbery. She told police that she wasn´t aware of Bowen and Clemente´s intent to rob Jeremiah. She has not been charged with anything.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=83281
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

She's getting off because she's a mother and her baby was killed.
    If that baby had not been there they would be much less likely to buy the same story even if it were in fact 100% truth that she was unaware of their intent...Which happens a lot.

As to Jeremiah of course he was going to be charged. A human being died as a result of his action and that being was not a direct threat to him nor was it an aggressor. And the threat to him had ceased at the time that he made his shots (which is almost always a bad play!).

Still though in this specific case if I were a juror based on what I now thus far from the media reports, I would vote not guilty even as what he did in choosing to fire was wrong by law.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I agree with Janq.

The victim did not go looking for trouble. Trouble found him, and he was badly beaten and almost killed according to reports. I have the feeling that the prosecutor is over reaching and should have used better judgement in the charges against the victim.

Looks like more PC (political correctness) at work here which will yield the usual unjust results.

Capt. Art

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links