Stores Land in Gun-Control Crossfire...

This is a discussion on Stores Land in Gun-Control Crossfire... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I personally will not buy starbucks coffee anyways, the way they roast there beans always tastes a touch to much with a bitter hint to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stores Land in Gun-Control Crossfire...

ok I had to chime in

I personally will not buy starbucks coffee anyways, the way they roast there beans always tastes a touch to much with a bitter hint to me.

I also find it absurd that this much attention is being garnered by a company that is complying with all local laws. But then again these are the same yuppies that buy a house within a mile of an airport then complain about those darned planes, or next to a dairy farm and complain about the smell. So I will be fair and say I might be asking to much.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gilliland87 View Post
    I also find it absurd that this much attention is being garnered by a company that is complying with all local laws.
    The way I see it, the absurdity is that the Brady Bunch tantrums are the cause of the headlines, twisted to make it sound like Starbuck's is the bad guy in all of it. The "bad guy" isn't Starbuck's. Rather, it is the Bradys and their attempt to use the Constitution as kindling for every fire they light.

I'd say they can go pound sand, if it weren't for the fact that they're so damned dangerous, and that so many elected putzes listen to their rantings.

But then again these are the same yuppies that buy a house within a mile of an airport then complain about those darned planes, or next to a dairy farm and complain about the smell.
    I'm sure the Brady Bunch is populated by many of those people. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

+1 on Jumpwing's Genghis Khan comment for being hilarious.

I personally will not buy starbucks coffee anyways, the way they roast there beans always tastes a touch to much with a bitter hint to me.
    I never was much of a starbuck's fan myself. There was a time, for a minute, that I lived in close to spitting distance from the original starbucks. Nothing about living right in there with the most historical starbucks places could convince me to proactively of my own accord with all choice left up to me (e.g., not on a coffee run at the behest of coworkers without taste buds) to go into a starbucks and plunk down my money for one of their beverages.

On the occasions when I have bought starbucks coffee, I have found that hands-down the best option taste-wise is the most crap-filled option on the beverage menu, as that one will cover up the burnt taste of ruined coffee beans. Getting a regular drip coffee? big mistake. I once asked them 3 times could they make a fresh cup? this one is obviously burned through from sitting on the burner too long. It took that many spit-the-crap-out-of-my-mouth experiences to realize that really, their coffee is just that bad even when made fresh just for you.

I applaud them for their oh-so-courageous stance to "comply with local laws". I will not, however, be contributing to any jumps in share prices on the merits of, and only based on the merits of, their horrible coffee.
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links