Stores Land in Gun-Control Crossfire...

This is a discussion on Stores Land in Gun-Control Crossfire... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pretty good article. My favorite part is towards the bottom. Indeed, not all baristas agree that the Starbucks policy protects them. "I think the policy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pretty good article. My favorite part is towards the bottom.

Indeed, not all baristas agree that the Starbucks policy protects them. "I think the policy shows complete disregard for the safety and sentiments of their workers. The only thing worse than a yuppie upset with how their frappuccino turned out is a yuppie with a gun who's unhappy with how their frappuccino turned out,"
    The thought that a Starbucks Yuppie would own a gun strikes me as humorous.

Starbucks, Other Retailers Dragged Into Gun-Control Dispute - WSJ.com

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Folks let's face it, we're all just one Venti Caramel Macchiatto with whipped cream away from going on a shooting spree. How did mass murderers do it before Starbucks came along?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

you forget my cherry on my fruity frapacrapa latte and were dueling
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken, Genghis Khan was considered a rather benign ruler until that fateful day when the servants botched his morning java.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The problem is that before I have had my first coffee I am not awake enough to shoot straight (which begs the question as to whether I should have driven there in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Folks let's face it, we're all just one Venti Caramel Macchiatto with whipped cream away from going on a shooting spree.
    Don't provoke me, you latte-sippin', 'spresso-ragin', milquetoast-eatin' yuppie.

That's a CZ P-01 in my pocket, and I'm not happy to see ya. Grrrr-grrr-rrrr.

Seriously, though ...

Hard to believe, isn't it. And they call themselves citizens. I can't imagine where they got the idea of intelligence, of education, of the idea that they're either intelligent or educated. To have such boundless, baseless fears simply boggles the mind. How is it possible to make so much from nothing?

I have never understood the type of thinking required to come to the conclusion that anyone desiring to be a harder target against crime becomes, by definition, criminal himself as a result. That would get graded an "F" in any Philosophy 101 course in any junior college in the country.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I will admite at work if you start barking orderes befor I get my coffee, I am not a happy camper. But you keep my girlfriend from getting her Orea Choclate cocoa something or other (or one of the other choclate drinks she wants) from Gloria Jeans at the mall and you better hope you have a few layers or clothing on. lol
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Genghis Khan was considered a rather benign ruler until that fateful day when the servants botched his morning java.
    My vote for one of the top five funniest posts ever...

Folks let's face it, we're all just one Venti Caramel Macchiatto with whipped cream away from going on a shooting spree.
    Careful now, if the antis can't grasp the concept that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are no threat to them, I doubt they can understand such subtle satire . . .
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

I do not drink coffee or for that matter caffeinated products (soda/pop/cola).
    All it does is make me feel jumpy...And over a long haul of use, dependent.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote:
    Indeed, not all baristas agree that the Starbucks policy protects them. "I think the policy shows complete disregard for the safety and sentiments of their workers. The only thing worse than a yuppie upset with how their frappuccino turned out is a yuppie with a gun who's unhappy with how their frappuccino turned out,"

They just don't realize that the gun carrying coffee drinker is going to be far less upset by a mistake that the average customer. "AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY"

The most interesting quote in the whole article. You think someone at Starbucks actually gets it?

"Starbucks on Wednesday, while bemoaning being thrust into the debate, defended its long-standing policy of complying with state open-carry weapons laws, in part by stating that its baristas, or "partners," could be harmed if the stores were to ban guns. "
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

i'm a little worried that you guys know all these coffee-hybrid terms....

Where's Paco, I think his blood is 98% coffee. I'll bet SB is getting sick of the attention given over this topic as it a win/lose situation for them.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

What would really disturb me is an really obese yuppy with a frappuccino and a chocolate muffin......that could really make me turn away............so blame the spoon............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links