Ugly: Ouachita parish deputy Shot

This is a discussion on Ugly: Ouachita parish deputy Shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ouachita deputy shot twice; suspected gunman slain | thenewsstar.com | The News Star This Deputy passed away this morning, please pray for his family....

Thread: Ugly: Ouachita parish deputy Shot

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar

Ugly: Ouachita parish deputy Shot

Ouachita deputy shot twice; suspected gunman slain | thenewsstar.com | The News Star

This Deputy passed away this morning, please pray for his family.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

2. Remove Ads

Story from above...

Ouachita deputy shot twice; suspected gunman slain
    BY ZACK SOUTHWELL
    MARCH 5, 2010

An eight-year veteran with the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office was gravely wounded Thursday evening after being shot twice in the head.

The suspected gunman, Michael Tanner, 26, was shot dead by a second deputy.

Cpl. J.R. Searcy, 33, was finishing his day shift Thursday around 6 p.m. when he and another deputy responded to a call about a reported aggravated assault on Browning Road near Louisiana 34 in southwestern Ouachita Parish, Ouachita Parish Sheriff Royce Toney said.

"He was called out there because Tanner had reportedly assaulted someone with a vehicle," Toney said.

Searcy had a Taser, a device used to stun potentially violent suspects, in his hands and told Tanner to put his hands behind his head.

As he raised his hands, the suspect pulled out a large-caliber handgun and shot the deputy twice in the head, Toney said.

One bullet went through the brain, and the other was lodged at the base of his skull. Toney said Searcy was in very critical condition at St. Francis Medical Center late Thursday, a condition that held as the night wore on.

"Law enforcement is a dangerous job," Toney said with a breaking voice as he met with reporters in Anna Gray Noe Park, across the street from the hospital. "Searcy is a great deputy."

Toney said Tanner had a lengthy criminal record with the sheriff's office; he said the department had dealings with him 33 times.

Law enforcement officers and family members pressed into waiting rooms at the hospital as the night wore on. Representatives of several law enforcement agencies were at St. Francis Medical Center late Thursday night.

People responded to news of the shooting at thenewsstar.com | The News Star | Monroe news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Monroe, LA with expressions of concern and prayerful reflections.

"Our prayers are (with) you and your family," wrote a woman who described herself as the wife of a Sheriff's Office officer. "This is always our worst fear. ... and these men and women do it for the love of others ... ."

"My prayers go out to J.R. and his family. Cpl. Searcy was one of the best deputies I knew. I listened to it on the radio when 'officer down' came over the air," wrote TRIP23 on the Web site.

"Myself and friends of mine have done construction work at J.R.'s home. He is a very good man and our prayers go out to his wife and family," another poster wrote.

At 10:23 p.m., a poster added: "The Lord bless thee, and keep thee. The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee. The Lord life up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Not good.Prayers for his family and fellow officers.

Ya'll stay safe out there!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Very Very Very sad, Prayer on the way for family and friends.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Prayers for family and friends.
    I can not understand why someone that is so out of control that law enforcement has already had to deal with them 33 times is walking the street causing problems. This is the downfall of our great country.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Prayers for family and friends.
    I can not understand why someone that is so out of control that law enforcement has already had to deal with them 33 times is walking the street causing problems. This is the downfall of our great country.
    That POS won't be committing anymore crimes,something tells me he was probably a felon which would have made it illegal to possess a gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links