Abducted man shoots carjackers, police say ( TX )

This is a discussion on Abducted man shoots carjackers, police say ( TX ) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Abducted man shoots carjackers, police say The Richmond police heard shots and came running By ERIC HANSON Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle RICHMOND - Two teenagers ...

Thread: Abducted man shoots carjackers, police say ( TX )

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

Abducted man shoots carjackers, police say
    The Richmond police heard shots and came running

By ERIC HANSON
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

RICHMOND - Two teenagers who police said tried to steal a Rosenberg man's luxury car picked the wrong person, the wrong place and the wrong time.

After abducting the man, who was able to stash his own pistol in a pocket, the teens drove him to a vacant lot Friday that just happened to be a few hundred feet from the Richmond police station, where officers were changing shifts.

When McRon Thompson, 23, opened fire on the would-be car thieves, police heard the shots and came running. The teens, who were both wounded, were captured.

"Obviously, they didn't know where they were, close to the police station and during a shift change. They didn't have a clue," said Sgt. Lowell Neinast of the Richmond Police Department.

Neinast said the teens are from Brookshire and detectives do not know why they chose the Fort Bend County town as a place for a carjacking.

The two, 18-year-old Joshua Payne and a 15-year-old whose name was not released because of his age, are facing aggravated robbery charges.

No charges are expected against Thompson, Neinast said.

Thompson had stopped at a carwash in the 1400 block of Jackson about 1 a.m., after finishing work at the nearby Richmond Foundry.

Vehicles looked suspicious

Neinast said Thompson was washing his customized Cadillac when he noticed three vehicles drive slowly through the carwash parking lot. The cars left but returned a few minutes later, again going slowly through the parking lot.

After the three cars passed by the second time, Thompson retrieved a .40-caliber pistol from his car, loaded it and then put it in his pocket.

A few minutes later, one of the cars returned to the carwash and stopped.

When Thompson peered around the wall of a carwash stall, he found himself staring at the end of a pistol held by a young man wearing a bandana over his face.

The gunman forced Thompson into the back seat of the Cadillac while another person got behind the wheel and began to drive away.

Neinast said the pair drove to the 500 block of Calhoun, just a block away from the Richmond police station, an imposing brick building that served for many years as the Fort Bend County Jail.

The teens ordered Thompson out of his car and told him to lie down on the grass. While Thompson was complying, a second vehicle, one that he had seen earlier at the carwash, arrived and stopped.

Neinast said as the teens were getting ready to leave in the Cadillac, Thompson managed to pull his pistol and open fire.

Payne was hit in the back by a bullet that exited his stomach. The other teen was struck in the right shoulder.

Police officers, standing in the parking lot of the station, heard the shots and were on the scene in seconds. Officers spotted the teens running, then caught them. Police also recovered a semiautomatic pistol allegedly used by the 15-year-old, Neinast said.

Both teens hospitalized

Payne was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital and the 15-year-old to Ben Taub Hospital. Their conditions were not immediately available.

Other suspects are still at large.

Neinast said Thompson's Cadillac was in "immaculate condition," and the suspects were probably just driving around town looking for a target.

"Then they spotted him in the carwash," Neinast said.

source link is : http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/3901058.html
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    Thompson retrieved a .40-caliber pistol from his car, loaded it and then put it in his pocket.
    Why don't folks carry on the person, and at 1am - that delay ''retrieving'' could be terminal one day.

He at least it seems was in yellow and felt uneasy - and glad he managed to administer some anti-punk discipline.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Another car Wash Incident in Houston - Bad Outcome

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=4207980

Man gunned down at NE Houston carwash. Police believe the suspect tried to rob the victim before shooting
    By Christine Dobbyn
    (5/26/06 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A man getting ready for the holiday weekend was shot and killed at a northeast Houston carwash Friday morning. It happened at the carwash on Homestead near Annunciation.

Friends and family members surrounded the scene where the well-known community man was shot and killed. Dennis Flim worked with Brady Davis in North Forest ISD for years.

"I'll always remember him," said Flim. "I was getting ready to get in my car and my knees buckled because I still couldn't believe it."

Davis was a retired shop teacher and had later worked in maintenance. He was washing his barbecue trailer for a weekend graduation party when police say a man tried to rob him, then shot him. Police say the same man tried to rob another woman earlier Friday morning.

"He reached for it, and I backed up and I said 'no," said the would-be victim. "And he reached again and I backed up and I said 'no.' And he looked at me and took off running."

Now, police are looking for more witnesses.

"If you saw somebody up there and even if it looked like as if they were having a conversation, most likely that's going to be our suspect," said Detective Alan Brown with HPD homicide. "We would want these people to call us."

His close friends say there's no way to measure what he meant to this community.

"He was a go-getter," said John Calhoun, a close friend of Davis. "The Lord really blessed Brady, blessed him with a lot of talent and he didn't mind sharing it. Whoever did that this morning, he would have helped them."

They say they won't forget what he's done in his 25 years in North Forest ISD and his 61 years of life.

Police say they don't think the suspect took anything off of Davis and there were no obvious signs of a struggle. They believe the suspect left on foot, so he may live in the neighborhood. Anyone who might have seen something around 6:10am Friday, you're asked to call Houston police.
    (Copyright 2006, KTRK-TV)

This is why I carry everywhere I can. Even if I am not going into"bad areas."

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Why don't folks carry on the person, and at 1am - that delay ''retrieving'' could be terminal one day.

He at least it seems was in yellow and felt uneasy - and glad he managed to administer some anti-punk discipline.
    If he was in yellow, he should have left the car wash when the cars first appeared. Maybe 1 am is not the best time to wash your car!

he's lucky he made it through that one. Not really prepared, but hey it turned out good though. Dumb punks got alittle more than they bargained for.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

I'm glad he's OK, but how dirty does your car have to be to wash it at 1:00 AM? I think that I would just wait for my day off or rain.

An OK outcome despite all of the blunders. I bet the police talk about that shift change for awhile.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

"The teens ordered Thompson out of his car and told him to lie down on the grass." - Sounds like they were planning to shoot him in the back of the head.

The cops make it sound like it was their fast reaction that saved the day . . . but if that guy hadn't had a firearm, the shots the cops heard would have been coming from the BG's guns, and the only thing they would have found when they came running over was the dead body of the victim.

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

VIP Member
    There was a similar case in Maimi several years ago (I think near Coral Gables. ExSoldier, help me out here) where a man who owned a brand new Lexus was carjacked right as he was about to get in his car coming out of the car wash. The BG forced him to get in the trunk at gunpoint and then got in the car and drove away. The driver was not carrying concealed but did have a snubby .38 and a 1911 in the trunk of the car. He started to shout that he had a cellphone and that he was calling the cops. BG pulls over, gets out and opens the trunk (to get the cellphone I guess) and got blasted by the owner. However the story did not end there, the BG had an accomplice driving a car and the dumb SOB gunned for the driver when he saw his buddy go down. The driver shot the second BG who ended up driving his car into a nearby canal.
    At the end: First BG dead, Second BG wounded and arrested and one lucky Lexus driver.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Sponsored Links