3-year old mistakes gun for Wii Remote and kills herself - Page 2

3-year old mistakes gun for Wii Remote and kills herself

This is a discussion on 3-year old mistakes gun for Wii Remote and kills herself within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by paul34 I reflect all the sentiment above, but also, what does he mean "to scare the dogs off"? Do dogs understand what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3-year old mistakes gun for Wii Remote and kills herself

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    I reflect all the sentiment above, but also, what does he mean "to scare the dogs off"? Do dogs understand what a gun pointed at them means? I don't think so, all they see is another human with something in his hand... unless he was thinking of shooting into the gronud or something, which is whole other kind of stupid...
    My dogs I had growing up who had never seen a gun for about ten years of their life knew when I had my pellet gun. They didn't like and were immediately hiding when they saw me with it. It was kind of weird.

As for this guy... he's got this to live with for the rest of his life now.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Real sad story :(
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Alright people, I consider you all my friends, please don't have any unsecured firearms lying around the house. All firearms should be locked up or in your immediate possession at all times.

No exceptions. Ever. Even if you don't have kids. Even if you life alone and have no friends. Even if your dog took the NRA Basic Pistol Course.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

I bet this is why my dad always had the rule: "If it looks like a gun, treat it like a gun." We didn't have anything that looked even remotely like an actual gun.

The closest thing was probably the Nintendo Duck Hunt gun, I remember the first time I was playing with it I pointed it at him...he was really upset and I quickly learned not to do that.
    +1 on this. I spied a .22 Chipmunk in pink that didn't look like a firearm. We have instructed our kids to vacate the area and tell if another kids has a gun. And if it looks like a gun, no matter what color, treat it like one is something we hammer into our young uns.

This is depressing.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Its a sad story and the guy is a fkn idot leaving a gun in the room of a three year old. Who is all alone, now he is paying the price for being a idot the worst way ever. Very sad. But not for nothing....if that is a toy gun for the Wii then, someone else is also in trouble. Last I knew all toy guns have to have an orage tip. Does that go for Wii, PS3, XBox, and such games?

evo
    This is so sad.
    No excuses. Guns don't belong on the table. Loaded or not. Awake or asleep. Don't matter. You keep an eye on it.
    Now...I pray to God that I myself never make the same mistake...
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    This is so sad.
    No excuses. Guns don't belong on the table. Loaded or not. Awake or asleep. Don't matter. You keep an eye on it.
    Now...I pray to God that I myself never make the same mistake...

I was thinking the same thing. We are all one tired, stressed, distracted moment from making the same mistake. Prayers for the family.

Once again: Cocked, locked, loaded and ready to shoot...like some of these guns inside my childless spouseless house...since children NEVER enter it...so far...or rarely...or once in awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links