Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig? - Page 2

Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig?

This is a discussion on Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It doesn't appear the Cuey's are skinned beforehand. Do the Peruvian's do anything with the extra parts, Slim?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig?

It doesn't appear the Cuey's are skinned beforehand. Do the Peruvian's do anything with the extra parts, Slim?

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Would they have arrested Davey Crocket?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Obviously the guys head was cold and it was a matter of survival. Look at him he has just lost his pet and friend he was probably honoring him by wearing the skind. LOL

Animal rights wackos, people want animals to have more rights than us...if i want to go in my yard and shoot my dog for him peeing on my tire, that should be my right..............I might make me a coat out of Gerbils
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

VIP Member

re: Retsupt

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Would they have arrested Davey Crocket?
    Heck no, they'd have to follow him to San Antonio.

VIP Member

Screams "psycho"

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    You have a point there but...

This guy got arrested for cruelty to animals for a reason.

He just has a creepiness about him that screams PSYCHO

Charles Woodson

We just had a brief discussion in another thread about the grounds for a mental hold.

Typically, imminent danger to self or to others.

"Others" means another human. It doesn't yet mean to a Guinea Pig.

The guy has every right to look, act, and behave as a psycho.

It isn't the government's business until he either threatens harm to someone, does harm to someone, or is doing harm to himself.

The Guinea Pig has no rights. It should have no rights. It is, a) a food animal (didn't know that before this thread); b) a lab. animal.

The latter get limited legal protections from abuse, but that is a very new phenomenon. Things like regulation of animal care and use in laboratory settings were unheard of in the US until about 25 years ago. It was regulated in Canada to my knowledge by 1972 but I don't know when that regulation was started up there.

If we keep going as we are, soon our computer's will think they have rights. Someone will get charged for wiping their hard drive. Wait, that's already happened.

Yeah He Screams "psycho"

The guy has every right to look, act, and behave as a psycho.

Would you feel uncomfortable If he moved next door to you?
    Would you feel uncomfortable inviting him over for a BBQ to meet the family?
    Would you feel uncomfortable him caring for your pets while out of town?
    Would you decline his invitation for barbecued Guinea Pig in his basement?

If you answer no...

Maybe you and Ole Charley can dissect some road kill over a couple of beers

Hmm...

Just goes to show what happens when a country has too much money. Perhaps they should spend some of it on psychiatric care for the mentally defective individuals who came up with these laws....
    - Taurus Model 85 2" Ultra-Lite
    - SOG Flash II
    - Mini Mag Lite

You have a point there but...

This guy got arrested for cruelty to animals for a reason.

He just has a creepiness about him that screams PSYCHO

Charles Woodson

Really? What reason? In case you hadn't noticed the news for the last few years it doesn't take much to get someone screaming "animal cruelty".

As to their comments about "out of the ordinary"...by what standards and by whom?

A crazy and rather outlandish example:

I'm an American born and bread pale white feller. If I'm in a crowd of darker skinned folks, I stand out like a cockroach on a pile of white rice.
    For some strange reason or another I may find one day that I'd like to walk around with a towel on my head in my own yard. Now, here in my rural Virginia community that is quite "out of the ordinary". I may darn well get hassled at best, and may well even get shot for resembling something out of the ordinary. Now, if my neighbors complained to the local sheriff that I'm looking like I'm out of the ordinary today(read Muslim in rural Virginia), should I be arrested as a terrorist? Most would argue not...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member

Are you going to judge a book by the cover?

Yeah He Screams "psycho"

Maybe to you. I assume that is a mug shot. Of course he looks "disturbed."
    You'd be too if you were walking down the street with a fur lined garment and got arrested and charged with animal cruelty.

I certainly hope there is a lot more to the story and a lot more REAL evidence of him ACTUALLY having done something more than skin a a guinea pig and make a cap?

(If he didn't tan the hide and the thing stank from rotting, well he needs help and I'm good with the arrest. If the complaint is that he killed an animal to make some sort of garment, well, think American Indians, or Native Americans, whatever is today's PC. )

I am very pleased to hear that Virginia has rid itself of murderers, vandals, rapists, drunk drivers, purse snatchers, home invaders, car jackers, burglers, drug dealers, muggers, child molesters, pick pockets, arsonists, and gang bangers. Now the law enforcement resources of the state can go after these people that wear guinea pigs on their heads.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

First of all they will have to prove that he killed the guinea pig and that it didn't die of natural causes,I would be lawyering up to sue the pants off a few idiots
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    Charles and I were childhood friends in Manassas, VA. Charles has always been a very intelligent (albeit, eccentric) person and I enjoyed his company. When my family moved away in the mid 1980s I fully expected him to go on to become a renowned marine biologist (his dream). However, as time passed I learned that mental illness appeared to be moving in and taking over and my heart went out to him. While the guinea pig incident is VERY unfortunate, Charles is a diagnosed Schizophrenic and I fully support him (and his family) in his struggle toward recovery and normalcy.

VIP Member

re: The Shadow

So the guy is a diagnosed schizophrenic. So he looks weird to you.

What do either of these have to do with the charges of animal cruelty?

Unless of course he skinned the GP alive.

If he is sick and a danger to himself (perhaps discernible from his behavior) he should have been taken in on a mental hold.

But if he is sick and walked around with a GP hide on his head that was not obtained through cruel means, he shouldn't have been arrested.

Now, the real question in my mind is, "why the animal cruelty charge?" Where did that come from?

And since you say he is ill, why the choice to make his life worse by arresting and lodging a criminal charge instead of getting a psych eval and treatment?

There is either a piece of the story missing about why the cruelty charge was placed, or his right to be as dang eccentric as he wants was violated.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, little rodents don't have rights.
    Next thing you know they'll charge someone for using a rat trap.

Quote Originally Posted by CherokeeSlim View Post
    During my last assignment in Cusco Peru I started a guinea pig ranch. They are called cueys there. I generally kept about 100+- at any one time and sold them off a few at a time to help fund an orphanage. We ate them fairly frequently, and fed them to the orphans as well. The pictures are well, because enquiring minds want to know. Before and after shots.
    Cherokee Slim

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links