Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig? - Page 3

Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig?

This is a discussion on Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, who's telling Davey Crockett about his coon skin hat ? Who's telling those who wear leather hats from cows, buffalo, etc. ? Who's telling ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man arrested for wearing...a guinea pig?

OK, who's telling Davey Crockett about his coon skin hat ?

Who's telling those who wear leather hats from cows, buffalo, etc. ?

Who's telling women wearing rabbit coats, etc. ?

Who's telling kids, that belt they are wearing around their waist ?

Who's telling them about the alligator boots ? Snake boots ?

Where do you draw the line ? Chinese love to eat dogs, cats, pigeons, rats, eel and numerous other sea fish varieties including octopus.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

Where do you draw the line ? Chinese love to eat dogs, cats, pigeons, rats, eel and numerous other sea fish varieties including octopus.

At cardiology rehab last year, they had a dietitian come in as an "education resource." The format of these sessions was a discussion not a lecture.

As, the hospital trains student form the local college she had an entourage of trainees. Clearly she was northern city. Most of the student were from NOVA.

OTOH, the patients were country, mostly mountain folk -- with a majority vets, including a couple who had been SF.

When discussion got to eating meat, somehow, we morphed from "Deer meat doesn't have much fat" to other game, to what some of us (myself included) had eaten around the world.

The reaction of the dietitian and trainees was priceless.

Horse meat in France got even a bigger reaction than cats, dogs, rats, bugs, etc.

Some of the student actually left the room, rather green tinged.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    I am very pleased to hear that Virginia has rid itself of murderers, vandals, rapists, drunk drivers, purse snatchers, home invaders, car jackers, burglers, drug dealers, muggers, child molesters, pick pockets, arsonists, and gang bangers. Now the law enforcement resources of the state can go after these people that wear guinea pigs on their heads.
    Good point. And I really don't want to hear from PETA either. Ooogles of animals have died in their care. The LSM just doesn't report it.

On the Swiss referendum last week on lawyers for animals, it failed by a vote of 70.5% against.
    Swiss say no to animal lawyers - Europe, World - The Independent

Swiss say no to animal lawyers
    Swiss voters have soundly rejected a plan to appoint special lawyers for animals that are abused by humans. Results in yesterday's referendum showed that 70.5 per cent of voters cast their ballot against the proposal. Switzerland already has among the world's strictest rules when it comes to caring for pets and farm animals.

Opponents of the proposal, including key farmers' groups and the government, had argued that existing laws are sufficient and appointing special lawyers to act on behalf of animals would be unnecessarily expensive for taxpayers.
    At least these Swiss Europeans are showing a little bit of sanity. Well, most of them.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    It doesn't appear the Cuey's are skinned beforehand. Do the Peruvian's do anything with the extra parts, Slim?
    They are gutted and skinned before cooking. Most skins are just thrown away because they are so small, but I have seen poorer people make blankets out of a bunch of them.
    Cherokee Slim
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROII, WBRO, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders. Semper Fi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links