Who Makes Music?

This is a discussion on Who Makes Music? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm curious to know who the musicians are on DC. I'm a classically trained violinist, but I haven't played my violin in forever. I started ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Makes Music?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar

Who Makes Music?

I'm curious to know who the musicians are on DC.

I'm a classically trained violinist, but I haven't played my violin in forever. I started teaching myself mandolin last year and it's way more fun.

The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I have no training in music, but I have picked up the Native American Flute. I have enjoyed it. A make it up as you go, kinda thing.
    Last edited by CCRIDER; March 13th, 2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: missing word
    CCRIDER
    Kimber Compact CDP II, Sig 220 Carry Elite, Colt New Agent,

Sig Customer Service, Stinks!

"The more I know about people the more I like my dog."

I am a professional musician.

I play lead trumpet in Detroit's busiest Swing/Big Band.

Rhythm Society Orchestra

"Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

The only instrument I can play is the radio. We have a house full of guitars, a drum set and a harmonica. None of us play squat, I'm not real sure how all that stuff got in here
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    I wish that I could. I am musically talentless with regard to playing any musical instrument but, I truly appreciate what I enjoy listening to.

Administrator
    I played trumpet for years, but haven't touched it in as many years as I played. I probably couldn't get a squeak out of a horn if I tried.
    Its one of those things that life doesn't give you the time to keep up with, yet I wish I had.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Acoustic guitar.

Have a family full of professional musicians...guitar (acoustic and electric, saxophone, ukulele-I know, I know-and voice).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I have not really said much in awhile, but then I guess my name is true. However, this is a subject I can go on and on about ad-nausium.

I play in 2 bands, lead guitar in both, and I write and record music in my free time (what little I have these days).

I play guitar, bass, and keyboard, and also know how to play a little Banjo, some Mandolin, and even upright and fretless basses. Also played trumpet in the school band for several years.

Another hobby in the same vein is building guitars, I built a Fender Jazzmaster last summer out of off-the-shelf replacement parts and some custom hand-built stuff, and am cobbling solidbody guitars out of spares all the time.

Took some opera lessons, ten years ago. Do a couple private parties and weddings a year, but nothing professional.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Only when I eat Mexican food.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Guitar and bass here. I use to play in a bar band, but now I just pick around for fun on occasion.

Sponsor
    Hack Bass player and semi noteworthy vocalist. Gave up the bands for a steady paycheck when my daughter was born. I still jones for the stage 18 years later.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I play drums and percussion and now learning to play bass guitar. I sing, but not out of wanting to, I was just forced into it a good many years ago in a Country-Rock band that I was in.

I am in the Huntington Harmonica Club as a drummer for the group. Check it out at our web site. There are some pictures and MP3's also. Here's our link.

harmonica club free lessons tabs downloads huntington wv

Play drums occasionally and get paid a few bucks for the Saturday Night Jamboree here locally.

My wife lovingly says I'm her "world famous drummer." Nuff said.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Played an accordian for 13 years...Took Classical accordian lessons in college....probably couldn't hit a right note anymore.

All my daddy's money gone awastin'.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Me, no. Took guitar lessons for 3 years as a teenager, some 40 years ago, but never any good. And my singing has been declared a felony in 3 states and a human rights violation by amnesty international. My wife, on the other hand, is incredibly talented. She plays guitar, bass, keyboards, steel guitar, and also sings. She toured professionally many years ago, and has toured with the Neville Brothers. She used to have her own band when we were in Northen California, paying several nights a week. I thought that moving back to Vegas 5 years ago (well, me moving back, and her coming with me), she would have more opportunity, but Vegas is in many ways still a small town, and you have to know someone to get in.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links