Horrible headache

Horrible headache

This is a discussion on Horrible headache within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've had a horrible frontal lobe headache for the past day or so. Light is blinding, I feel nauseous and light headed etc... I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible headache

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Question Horrible headache

I've had a horrible frontal lobe headache for the past day or so. Light is blinding, I feel nauseous and light headed etc... I have not had a fever or other pain with this.

At first I thought it was allergies, so I took some Allegra D (which is like the best allergy medication) and took a nap. I woke up and it was worse. I drank a few bottles of water, ate some lunch, took some extra strength Ibuprofen... nothing. It hasn't budged.

It hasn't moved around much, and the pain seems to be concentrated right in the front of my head above my eyes.

I'm at a lost of what could be causing it or what I can do to relieve it. I would appreciate any advice. I have tried all traditional means to relieve a headache... I'm at a loss here
    Last edited by Pro2A; March 13th, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

pm sent

Have you been dating my ex-wife?

My wife got me some Excedrin Migraine... with a bottle of water, it seemed to do the trick. It's just that these headaches have been occurring with more frequency lately...

My dad was in the medical field in the USAF for 22 years. He seems to think it might be a migraine. He says to take it easy, drinks lots of water and keep taking the Excedrin. It will go away eventually.

Senior Moderator
    Sounds like a migrain.

Lay down, put a pillow over your head and sleep it off.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Was there foul weather headed your way during the headache? I get the same headache nearly every time there's a storm approaching. Sucks big-time because here in New England, storms approach quite a lot.

Maybe there's a weather correlation for you as well.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Sounds like a Migrain. Your personal doctor would be a better place to get advice on such things rather than a gun forum.

Until you can see your doc try some migrain strength over the counter NSAID's turn off the lights and try to get some sleep.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    If you have taken a blow to the head recently you should get checked out NOW

If not then I would have to agree with migraine. There are many causes for one. WebMD will help better understand symptoms and solutions for getting rid of one.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Pro2A, I would get to a doctor. Plenty of organ donors go to the ER with the worst (and last) headache of their lives. Get your blood pressure tested. We need ya man.

Quote Originally Posted by roalho View Post
    Was there foul weather headed your way during the headache? I get the same headache nearly every time there's a storm approaching. Sucks big-time because here in New England, storms approach quite a lot.

Maybe there's a weather correlation for you as well.
    Ya... we have been getting buckets of rain. It seemed to have started right before all this rain. It could be a connection

Luckily it has gone away for now. I've been drinking water non-stop. The Excedrin Migraine seemed to work.

VIP Member
    Get yourself to a doctor asap. While it could be a migraine, there are other causes, which have serious consequences, including brain tumors. Having a prolonged headache is no joke. GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    I'd say lay on your back with a steak on your forehead for 1 to 2 hours. If that doesn't help, go see a doctor.

Since the headache is gone now though, no need to worry about it.

But, since I'm not a doctor, I suggest you not listen to that advice.

Seriously though, don't play around with any serious head pains. Might be a good idea to think about seeing a doctor. We don't want to lose you.

Take care!

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Let me say this, I am not saying that I know what you have. But, we used to live just down the road from my wife's uncle. In 2003 he started having the same thing happening that you report. Headache in the frontal lobe area of the head/brain. Light sensitivity. He also said that some sounds made it worse.

He tried some type of migraine pain killer. Seemed to work, for a time. Then they came with more regularity and the pain killers weren't able to quite knock the pain down. I told him to go to the doc. His wife told him to go. My wife told him to go. Everyone told him to go. He wouldn't go.

Then one day he had a seizure. They did a cat scan, then when the results of that came in an MRI. He had brain cancer. He was dead 6 months later.

The worse part is, the docs told him that he may have been able to be saved had he gone to see a doc when the headaches started.

Don't screw around with this. Go see a doctor and get this checked out.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If you're told they are just migraines. Magnesium supplements completely eliminated my migraines. Haven't had one since. Apparently migraines are one symptom of a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium citrate powder in water tastes like cheap lemonade. Easy to take.

If your headaches are sinus headaches, then the solution is a whole house humidifier. If you have forced air heat they are extremely easy to install and not particularly expensive. For short term help go in the bathroom and turn on the shower, hot, to create steam. I had sinus headaches in winter for a couple of years. Humidity year round allowed the sinuses to heal and now I don't get them in winter.

Please go to your doctor , too many other things it could be .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links