Does anybody have a classic car?

This is a discussion on Does anybody have a classic car? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 1972 Mach 1 started life as a 351 Cleveland, 2 bbl, swapped the heads and intake with the parts from a 1971 Cleveland 4 bbl, ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have a classic car?

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar

1972 Mach 1
    started life as a 351 Cleveland, 2 bbl, swapped the heads and intake with the parts from a 1971 Cleveland 4 bbl, quench chambered heads, custom ground Reed camshaft and a Holley 750 carb.
    Still has the stock auto trans and a 3.50:1 rear axle, but I plan to swap the gears for a 3.91:1, just a bit more RPM to take advantage of bigger ports and valves.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Administrator
    "Just blame Sixto"

I had to sale the 68 mustang my dad left me when he passed to cover rent and food when the lay offs came around. Thankfully my bother still has the 68 gran Torino.

Sweet Mach I Rugergirl!

With the angle of the backglass and the spoiler on the decklid...

It's a pain in the azz to back down a driveway on a hill...

All ya see is sky!

Great Mustang!

Had a 1958 chev Apache pickup truck..Gave it to my neph..He still has it..needs some fixen but a great truck..

28 Chevy, 54 Chevy, 69 Chevy Truck, a 78 Chevy malibu sleeper, and 90 Camaro.

I have a 59 Studebaker Silver Hawk that I've owned 36 years. I bailed a guy outta jail for $200 and he gave me the Stude.

I also own a 69 VW Camper Bus.

1969 GMC 1500 stepside took out the stright six, put in a built 307. Runs great...barks tires in first three gears due to the extra work put in by my mechanic uncle, if you are running it hard. It was my Great Grandpa's truck...and my Dad backed it new off the hauler in front of the dealership when he was 15 in the fall of 1968.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

When I was 10 my Dad let me and my brothers help him restore his 1963 Ford Galaxy. That was some of he best weekends that my family spent together. Bonding time for a Father and sons and a well deserved rest for a hard working Mother.

I don't have a digital image of the actual car it was way before digital cameras and home computers. Sadly Dad had to sell it when he got laid off in 1983.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I've got a 68 Mustang coupe and a 64 Chevy Nova. Both need a little tlc. We're working on then and they are getting there.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    When I was 10 my Dad let me and my brothers help him restore his 1963 Ford Galaxy. That was some of he best weekends that my family spent together. Bonding time for a Father and sons and a well deserved rest for a hard working Mother.
    COOL car!

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I was looking around at MG's last night. I could see myself getting one of those; cheap and simple, but they have to be fun to drive.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I had a '66 Ford step-side pick-up. I bought it from the original owner.....my grandpa. I sold it several years after I got it, it had 91000 miles on it when I sold it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

The MGB coupes are very James Bond vibe. Always though they were a neat little car.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The only downside on the MGB is the serious lack of power. If you're interested in them, take a look at The MG & MGB Experience. They have a wonderful forum with great people. There is a subset of MGB guys who put small block V8s or V6s in the cars to make them a bit zippier. Not so cheap anymore when you get into that.

I have what I call a classic. It's a 74 Toyota landcruiser. It has a ram jet 350 Dana 60 front and rear, both locked with ARB's riding on 35's. I drove it while I was in school and now it just a toy. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links