Does anybody have a classic car?

This is a discussion on Does anybody have a classic car? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Blew up the 318 in my 66 Dodge Coronet-ooops! Wrecked my 76 Jeep CJ-7 HT the day after I got it out of the shop ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have a classic car?

Blew up the 318 in my 66 Dodge Coronet-ooops! Wrecked my 76 Jeep CJ-7 HT the day after I got it out of the shop it had been in for 2 months, was tired of jacking with it and regretably sold it. Now I've got 2 classic (soon to be) cars. The first is a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am 4-door 4cyl, big pimpin' I know, hold your applause. The other which I hate to say I will only have until January but this is the second of these models I've leased and have loved both of them. 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition Coupe 3.6 DOHC, 6-speed A/T, black chrome wheels, all the bells and whistles. I will hate to let this car go and I'm not sure what to lease from GM next, I work at a Buick GMC formerly Pontiac dealer. Buick may be getting a new Regal out later this year with a 4 cyl. just don't know if it appeals to me. The Chevrolet cars aren't exciting either. I'm gonna miss Pontiac excitement.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    Your car get 15 miles to the gallon. Anyway, how many classic cars do you see on the road? I'd like to put your concern in perspective with an article titled "One Giant Cargo Ship Emits As Much As 50 MILLION Cars". Spoiler alert: there are 90,000 cargo ships.

So don't tell me to get my classic car off the road. It gets better gas mileage than your rig does, and both of our emissions are just about nill compared to what cargo ships and the Chinese produce.
    Correction: 20 mpg, just like the 1971 VW Transporter that I drove for twenty-six years before retiring it. I know a little about poor and lacking emissions controls.

Answer to Rugergirl: I guess I am one of those people. When I'm in traffic with an old muscle car or truck I suffer from the bad exhaust. Since I prefer to travel by bike this is especially problematic.

Administrator
    Thats enough of that. Keep it on topic, and tell us about your classics or just old cars... stinky or not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Blew up the 318 in my 66 Dodge Coronet-ooops! Wrecked my 76 Jeep CJ-7 HT the day after I got it out of the shop it had been in for 2 months, was tired of jacking with it and regretably sold it. Now I've got 2 classic (soon to be) cars. The first is a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am 4-door 4cyl, big pimpin' I know, hold your applause. The other which I hate to say I will only have until January but this is the second of these models I've leased and have loved both of them. 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition Coupe 3.6 DOHC, 6-speed A/T, black chrome wheels, all the bells and whistles. I will hate to let this car go and I'm not sure what to lease from GM next, I work at a Buick GMC formerly Pontiac dealer. Buick may be getting a new Regal out later this year with a 4 cyl. just don't know if it appeals to me. The Chevrolet cars aren't exciting either. I'm gonna miss Pontiac excitement.

Hold out for the Regal GS...it is gonna be bad to the bone.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    I'm not a GM guy at all, but, Buick has been putting out some cool stuff in recent years. A lot of people have wrote them off, they are a sleeper entity in the car world.
    Last edited by SIXTO; March 18th, 2010 at 11:03 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    1977 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 Suburban. Manual transmission, 8,000 lb. PTO Winch. I am the originial owner.......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

55Bowtie pickup,406 smallblock,a/c,p/s ,p/b ,leather int.Been drivin it 20 years,its fun.
    Attached Images

1969 Mustang convertible. 302 V-8, automatic, power steering, power top, AM radio, manual drum brakes all around.

My cool mom bought this new in 1969 for $3,200. I kind of took it over when I turned sixteen. Still have it. 67,000 original miles. Repainted in 1981.

Summer, 1999. Taking my nine-year-old nephew for a cruise.

Ten years later, nineteen-year-old nephew taking old uncle for a cruise.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Mine just a youngster 2000 Ford SD Power stroke 7.3 turbo/diesel stepped up80 hp to 355 hp with chip.15-18 mph depending how hard I hit the throttle.I can't
    tell you some of the looks I gotten from young fellows when they try to pass the old girl from 60 up as that'd turbo's sweet spot.This truck weighs four tons and
    rides better than the 9 trucks I had before. It's not the 71 fire bird 4 on the floor
    with 400 big block engine I had at 20 but that was my last car that I gave away to get rid of a bad wife !

had a 61 falcon and now have a 68 vette

Have a '73 Datsun 240Z and have had either a 240 or a 260 since '86.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Had a 65 Fairlane with a 351 Cleveland. Buckets, floor shift, and kick it power.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Yea, a 1992 Buick Century. Ok not classic just old.

Sixto,
    I meant to reply to you sooner but got a bit distracted (bought a motorcycle).

Anyway, we have a dealer in town who kind of specializes in classics and muscle cars. Found a couple for you on his web site.

1969 Mustang

Not a Ford, but pretty cool -- 1966 Chevy II SS Nova

1964 1/2 Mustang

Or if you prefer more of a project car, 1974 V-8 Ford Maverick

Or, if you just want something to smoke the rice burners on the street, 1955 Chevy Pro-Street

Have fun.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I want to get a '76 Gran Torino and paint it like in Starsky and Hutch. I'd also like a '76 Camero. My dad had one and I saw a pic once. That is a BEAUTIFUL car.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links